Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about SAM format: does QNAME contain sample information?

I mean, how do I see if two reads come from the same sample? The manual only tells me that 2 reads having identical QNAME are paired-end, right? Could someone tell how to read QNAME, above all it's such a long string of words that must tell something other than that...

I just wanted to know if there's barcode for sample information (in cases of pooled sample), where would it be? Thx~~

Comment

What manual?

Comment

Often the QNAME is info about the instrument and the date of run, and the lane and tile and xy coordinates. The read group might tell you the sample name. That might be stored in an NM tag in the .sam file, or in the @RG header of the .sam file

Comment

Originally posted by swbarnes2 View Post
          Often the QNAME is info about the instrument and the date of run, and the lane and tile and xy coordinates. The read group might tell you the sample name. That might be stored in an NM tag in the .sam file, or in the @RG header of the .sam file
          The NM tag is for the # of mismatches. Look in the RG header, if present.

Comment

Originally posted by nilshomer View Post
            What manual?
            “The SAM Format Speci cation”

Comment

Originally posted by nilshomer View Post
              The NM tag is for the # of mismatches. Look in the RG header, if present.
              Right, typo on my part. The SM tag might contain a sample name.

Comment

Originally posted by swbarnes2 View Post
                Right, typo on my part. The SM tag might contain a sample name.
                Well, the description for the SM tag is"SM:Sample. Use pool name where a pool is being sequenced." I wasn''t putting it clearly...what I meant was, if this sample is pooled, and the origins of the sample content each is barcoded, is it possible that this infomation is contained in .SAM format? And this must be contained in the non-header sectoin...
                If it is not, how is that usually done? Is it customary that I ligate an adaptor to each sample origin, pool them, sequence, and look at the beginning of each read to see which origin of sample it came from?
                Lots of thx!!!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Best Practices for Single-Cell Sequencing Analysis
                  by seqadmin

While isolating and preparing single cells for sequencing was historically the bottleneck, recent technological advancements have shifted the challenge to data analysis. This highlights the rapidly evolving nature of single-cell sequencing. The inherent complexity of single-cell analysis has intensified with the surge in data volume and the incorporation of diverse and more complex datasets. This article explores the challenges in analysis, examines common pitfalls, offers...
                  Yesterday, 07:15 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Latest Developments in Precision Medicine
                  by seqadmin

Technological advances have led to drastic improvements in the field of precision medicine, enabling more personalized approaches to treatment. This article explores four leading groups that are overcoming many of the challenges of genomic profiling and precision medicine through their innovative platforms and technologies.

Somatic Genomics
                  “We have such a tremendous amount of genetic diversity that exists within each of us, and not just between us as individuals,”...
                  05-24-2024, 01:16 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Today, 06:58 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:18 AM
                0 responses