Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gary
    Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 16

    #1

    annovar running error

    I am trying to use annovar to annotate my exome-seq data.
    Here is my commend:
    summarize_annovar.pl --ver1000g 1000g2011may --verdbsnp 132 --buildver hg19 snp.annovar ./humandb -outfile output.snp

    “--ver1000g”was set to “1000g2011may” because I downloaded it from annovar website:


    but I still got an error:
    Error: the required database file humandb/hg19_ALL.sites.2010_11.txt does not exist. Please download it via -downdb argument by annotate_variation.pl.

    Do I need to also get the “hg19_1000g2010nov_all” version?
    Could someone please tell me what I’m doing wrong here?

    Thanks a lot!
  • Heisman
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 534

    #2
    I just tried and it works for me. Are you sure you have that database downloaded in the /humandb directory? Does it matter that you have "./humandb" instead of "/humandb"? I also didn't include an "-outfile".

    Comment

    • Heisman
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2010
      • 534

      #3
      However, you probably have to change line 213 (or around 213) of the summarize.pl script to reflect the version you are running (ie, in your case you will want it to be:

      Code:
      open (STEP4, "$outfile.hg19_ALL.sites.2011_05_dropped") or die "Error: cannot read from drop file $outfile.hg19_ALL.sites.2011_05_dropped: $!\n";

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
      0 responses
      12 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      34 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      28 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      48 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...