Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • niteesh.prasad
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2012
    • 6

    #1

    Using samtools to analyze bwa output

    I have a query file with 70,000 lines of sequences and when I do the
    Code:
    bwasw
    each sam output file is about 35 mb and obviously contains all the sequence lines. I need to perform the alignment on about 1000 files, so you can imagine that I don't want to have 35 gigs worth of output to sort.

    I am trying to get rid of the non-aligned reads from the SAM output file ans I searched through forums and tried the following code with no avail.

    Code:
    ./samtools view -bS -f 4 testing.sam > output.bam
    All my sam files give the following error:

    Code:
    [samopen] SAM header is present: 1 sequences.
    [sam_read1] reference '0' is recognized as '*'.
    Parse warning at line 3: mapped sequence without CIGAR
    Parse error at line 3: missing colon in auxiliary data
    Aborted (core dumped)

    Here's what a part of my sam files looks like


    Code:
    @SQ	SN:gi|89106884|ref|AC_000091.1|	LN:4646332
    
    	4	*	0	0	*	*	0	0	<CGTAAAAAGGA> 	*
    	4	*	0	0	*	*	0	0	<TAGCCGTAGGG>   *
    I'd appreciate help with this!
  • nilshomer
    Nils Homer
    • Nov 2008
    • 1283

    #2
    There's no read name in the SAM records you list.

    Comment

    • niteesh.prasad
      Junior Member
      • Feb 2012
      • 6

      #3
      But this is the output I get from bwa. how should i fix this?

      Comment

      • nilshomer
        Nils Homer
        • Nov 2008
        • 1283

        #4
        Post the BWA help mailing list. It looks like a bug to me. Make sure you include a test case.

        Comment

        • niteesh.prasad
          Junior Member
          • Feb 2012
          • 6

          #5
          Before I do that, I want to make sure I am not wrong. Here is the code I used for the bwa:

          Code:
          ./bwa bwasw INDEXES/AC_000091.fna QUERY/635plus104_500bp_reads.fasta > results.sam
          The input AC_000091.fna was the indexes created with the following command:

          Code:
          ./bwa index AC_000091.fna "AC_000091.fna";
          and the query file was a FASTA sequence file.

          So, in theory this should have worked?

          Comment

          Latest Articles

          Collapse

          • SEQadmin2
            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
            by SEQadmin2


            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
            ...
            Today, 10:25 AM
          • SEQadmin2
            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
            by SEQadmin2




            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

          ad_right_rmr

          Collapse

          News

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
          0 responses
          28 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          24 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          46 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
          1 response
          55 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Working...