No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNAnexus and Differential Expression Analysis/Visualization

Hey all,

Has anyone utilized DNAnexus to analyze RNA-Seq data? They allow you to analyze 10 samples for free and I was able to get my RNA-Seq data mapped and aligned, but oddly they do not support differential expression or statistical analysis on their website? The files I got back have RPKM and RMS-normalized RPKM values along with the gene names and IDs. Are there any programs I can plug these values into to perform the differential expression and statistical analysis on my replicates and perform visualizations?

This is my first time performing RNA-Seq and am still trying to keep my head above water. Thanks for any help!

JMo

You may want to look at the tools provided by Partek. You can start with raw data, or aligned files, or RPKM values to look at differentially expressed genes, alternative splicing, allele specific expression, novel regions. There are a number of tools to perform statistical analysis and differential expression using either RPKM or raw read quantification values(other transformations are also available). There are options to handle replicates with a wide variety of experiment designs, including multi-factor and mixed model designs.

Additionally, there are a multitude of visualizations to get at the biology and to view the data as well (Hierarchical Clustering, Profile Views, etc) with an extensive data mining toolkit.

Comment

HandsFree

You may want to look at a system called HandsFree (http://cm.jefferson.edu/HandsFreee) that gives the ability to analyze the large datasets that next generation sequencing platforms generate. From a quick look at their website it can map and analyze RNA-Seq, Exome-seq, DNA-seq, and ChIP-Seq data

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
        by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
        05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
      • seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Today, 07:03 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
      0 responses