Originally posted by mark.dunning
View Post
I got a similar problem with another software when I tried to provide it with a vcf file coming from VarScan mpileup2indel. It seems that in the vcf files obtained with VarScan the QUAL column is empty. So when the file is open by another tool, the number of column is wrong and the data in the columns don't match with the name of the column. ("PASS" should be in the "FILTER" column, and here it seems to be in the "QUAL" column.)
So you need to add a column filled with a dot under the "QUAL" name.
In my case, I used the command :
awk '{ if ($1 ~ "^#") { print $0} else { sub("",".\t",$6); print $1"\t"$2"\t"$3"\t"$4"\t"$5"\t"$6"\t"$7"\t"$8"\t"$9"\t"$10"\t"$11"\t"$12} }' VarScanfile.vcf > outputFile.vcf
and it solved the problem.
Hope it will help you.
Olivia
EDIT : just found this : http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20000
P 1/1:35:107
Leave a comment: