Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • StephaniePi83
    Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 52

    #1

    Problem with cutadapt installation

    Hi,
    I'm trying to use cutadapt. I have python 2.7 installed;
    I run :
    Code:
    python setup.py build_ext -i
    which return :
    Code:
    running build_ext
    and when i do, i have the following error :
    Code:
    /home/stephanie/Téléchargements/cutadapt-1.0/cutadapt --help
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/stephanie/Téléchargements/cutadapt-1.0/cutadapt", line 78, in <module>
        from cutadapt import align, seqio
      File "/home/stephanie/Téléchargements/cutadapt-1.0/lib/cutadapt/align.py", line 222, in <module>
        from cutadapt.calign import globalalign, globalalign_locate
    ImportError: /home/stephanie/Téléchargements/cutadapt-1.0/lib/cutadapt/calign.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    How can i solve this problem ?
    Thank in advance for your help
  • GenoMax
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 7142

    #2
    What OS are you running and on what platform? This could be a 32-bit/64-bit library incompatibility issue.

    Comment

    • StephaniePi83
      Member
      • Sep 2011
      • 52

      #3
      I have a virtual box installed on my PC (windows 7) with ubuntu.
      To answer your question :
      DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
      DISTRIB_RELEASE=11.10
      DISTRIB_CODENAME=oneiric
      DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 11.10"

      Comment

      • GenoMax
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2008
        • 7142

        #4
        Is it a 32-bit or 64-bit install of Ubuntu? Did you install python separately?

        I wonder if you can use windows version of python and run cutadapt through that.


        Originally posted by StephaniePi83 View Post
        I have a virtual box installed on my PC (windows 7) with ubuntu.
        To answer your question :
        DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
        DISTRIB_RELEASE=11.10
        DISTRIB_CODENAME=oneiric
        DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 11.10"

        Comment

        • StephaniePi83
          Member
          • Sep 2011
          • 52

          #5
          In fact i have ubuntu and i have python2.7 installed on it;
          it's 64 bits
          Last edited by StephaniePi83; 05-11-2012, 06:14 AM.

          Comment

          • GenoMax
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2008
            • 7142

            #6
            This may be a long shot but look at the last post in this thread: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5...dule-named-md5

            The bit about ia32 library.
            Last edited by GenoMax; 05-11-2012, 07:08 AM.

            Comment

            • StephaniePi83
              Member
              • Sep 2011
              • 52

              #7
              yes i try to do
              Code:
              apt-get install ia32-libs
              but it does'nt work ...
              I think that the problem occur at the begining of the installation

              Code:
              python setup.py build
              running build
              running build_py
              running build_ext
              building 'cutadapt.calign' extension
              gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c lib/cutadapt/calignmodule.c -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/lib/cutadapt/calignmodule.o
              lib/cutadapt/calignmodule.c:23:20: erreur fatale: Python.h : Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
              compilation terminée.
              error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
              Last edited by StephaniePi83; 05-11-2012, 07:51 AM.

              Comment

              • GenoMax
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2008
                • 7142

                #8
                I think you need to install the python-dev environment.

                apt-get install python-dev
                Last edited by GenoMax; 05-11-2012, 10:10 AM.

                Comment

                • StephaniePi83
                  Member
                  • Sep 2011
                  • 52

                  #9
                  I've done it but the problem is not fixed; i don't understand ...

                  Comment

                  • GenoMax
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 7142

                    #10
                    What is the latest error message? Are you still getting the error with gcc?

                    Originally posted by StephaniePi83 View Post
                    I've done it but the problem is not fixed; i don't understand ...

                    Comment

                    • evallespin
                      Junior Member
                      • Jul 2012
                      • 8

                      #11
                      Hi StephaniePi83, I'm having the same problem and I'm not able to resolve it... have you got the solution now? thanks,

                      Elena

                      Comment

                      • StephaniePi83
                        Member
                        • Sep 2011
                        • 52

                        #12
                        Hi Elena, i don't fixe this problem, i just run cutadapt and it work ...
                        Does it work for you ?
                        Last edited by StephaniePi83; 07-09-2012, 12:25 AM.

                        Comment

                        • evallespin
                          Junior Member
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 8

                          #13
                          Thanks for you quickly answer!

                          I'm able to run cutadapt, but later I have again the same problem:

                          [sudo] password for genmed13:
                          SIOCADDRT: El archivo ya existe
                          genmed13@genmed13-HP-Compaq-dc5800-Microtower:~$ cd Descargas/
                          genmed13@genmed13-HP-Compaq-dc5800-Microtower:~/Descargas$ cd cutadapt-1.0
                          genmed13@genmed13-HP-Compaq-dc5800-Microtower:~/Descargas/cutadapt-1.0$ ./cutadapt --help
                          Traceback (most recent call last):
                          File "./cutadapt", line 78, in <module>
                          from cutadapt import align, seqio
                          File "/home/genmed13/Descargas/cutadapt-1.0/lib/cutadapt/align.py", line 222, in <module>
                          from cutadapt.calign import globalalign, globalalign_locate
                          ImportError: /home/genmed13/Descargas/cutadapt-1.0/lib/cutadapt/calign.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
                          genmed13@genmed13-HP-Compaq-dc5800-Microtower:~/Descargas/cutadapt-1.0$ python setup.py build_ext -i
                          running build_ext
                          genmed13@genmed13-HP-Compaq-dc5800-Microtower:~/Descargas/cutadapt-1.0$ ./cutadapt -a AGATCGGAAGAGCACACGTCTGAACTCCAGTCAC /Escritorio/s_G1_L001_I1_001_mate1.fastq -o /Escritorio/s_G1_L001_I1_001_mate1_trimmed.fastq
                          Traceback (most recent call last):
                          File "./cutadapt", line 78, in <module>
                          from cutadapt import align, seqio
                          File "/home/genmed13/Descargas/cutadapt-1.0/lib/cutadapt/align.py", line 222, in <module>
                          from cutadapt.calign import globalalign, globalalign_locate
                          ImportError: /home/genmed13/Descargas/cutadapt-1.0/lib/cutadapt/calign.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

                          Comment

                          • StephaniePi83
                            Member
                            • Sep 2011
                            • 52

                            #14
                            Try with "cutadapt" without "./"

                            Comment

                            • evallespin
                              Junior Member
                              • Jul 2012
                              • 8

                              #15
                              (Thanks for helping me! you are the only one )

                              It dosen't work...

                              genmed13@genmed13-HP-Compaq-dc5800-Microtower:~/Descargas/cutadapt-1.0$ cutadapt -a AGATCGGAAGAGCACACGTCTGAACTCCAGTCAC /Escritorio/s_G1_L001_I1_001_mate1.fastq -o /Escritorio/s_G1_L001_I1_001_mate1_trimmed.fastq
                              cutadapt: no se encontró la orden
                              genmed13@genmed13-HP-Compaq-dc5800-Microtower:~/Descargas/cutadapt-1.0$

                              Comment

                              Latest Articles

                              Collapse

                              • SEQadmin2
                                New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                                by SEQadmin2


                                Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                                We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                                ...
                                Today, 10:25 AM
                              • SEQadmin2
                                How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                                by SEQadmin2




                                The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                                This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                                09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

                              ad_right_rmr

                              Collapse

                              News

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
                              0 responses
                              28 views
                              0 reactions
                              Last Post SEQadmin2  
                              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
                              0 responses
                              24 views
                              0 reactions
                              Last Post SEQadmin2  
                              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
                              1 response
                              46 views
                              0 reactions
                              Last Post pekgio
                              by pekgio
                               
                              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
                              1 response
                              55 views
                              0 reactions
                              Last Post pekgio
                              by pekgio
                               
                              Working...