Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allpaths-LG help

Hello. Where can I find some simple test data other than test.genome for ALLPATHS-LG? Their test genome worked fine but I have an assignment to assemble something else. Part of the assignment is to find data myself.
    I went to their ftp://ftp.broadinstitute.org/pub/ but I'm kind of lost there.
    I need something small and simple to assemble if possible, as I'm a newbie student.
    Thank you so much.
    Duf

The Short Read Archive has *tons* of free sequence data available:

If you can assembly anything, go for a microbial or viral genome.

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply. These are sra files and I need to convert them, right? How do I know which organism it is? They seem to have names like
      DRR000558

For example here:
      ftp://ftp-trace.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sra...279/DRR000558/
      Or am I completely wrong?

Comment

Use the search tab if you're looking for something in particular. If you want to assemble the Illumina control sequence data, search for phi X and you'll find data like this:

I realize that Allpaths-LG is for large genomes, so maybe you want to go after a eukaryotic genome instead? You can browse by experiment type, etc. I urge you to poke around a bit.

Comment

Thanks! that's a good starting point for me.
          I'll try tomorrow one of them at school.

Comment

To answer your other question, you'll download the .sra or .sralite file for the run, and you'll likely need to install and run fastq-dump to convert the data to FASTQ. More information on that can be found here:

Comment

Hello,

I didn't want to open a new thread, but I need help in my situation. I have whole genome data of a human sequenced by illumina and I have a problem with the library settings in_lib.csv. I downloaded GRCh37 from http://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/golde...chromFa.tar.gz. Now I have all the .fa-files from each chromosom. How do I put them into the library? Or do I have to merge them first? So how do the lines in in_lib.csv look like then?

Thank you
              Thank you!

K

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
                by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
                05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
              • seqadmin
                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 05-14-2024, 07:03 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
              0 responses