No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with NovelSeq!

Hi,everyone
    i had some trouble when running NovelSeq(http://compbio.cs.sfu.ca/novelseq/manual.html). As we know, NovelSeq is a pepiline that was designed to detect novel sequence insertions using paired-end next-generation sequencing. In my project, i am in trouble when running novel_cluster. Before running the novel_cluster program, i had mapped the illumina pair-end reads (42X72bp) to the O.sativa_japonica genome using mrfast, and got the output files including: OEA alignment file (SAM), unmapped reads(Orphan) (fastq) and the OEA sequences fasta file. Then i assemblied the Orphan reads into contigs by using the ABySS package. Following the manual of NovelSeq, now i must cluster the OEA reads and localy assembly the OEA clusters using novelseq_cluster program, i prepared all the input files needed for novelseq_cluster, then running..., unluckly, it shows some errors, i also checked the input files again, and didn't find any error. Un..
    who can give me some advices? Great appreciate for your any kind help!
    the error info is as below:
    ------------------------
    xiaenhua@node69: ~/Alignment_Tools/novelseq-upload/novel_cluster /home/xiaenhua/Novel_Seq/gla/3_OEACluster/novelseq-upload/ ../gla_OEA.sam ../satRemChrs.txt ../Chr_length/ ../gla_OEA.fa ../histogram.txt 100
    ./parserQualWReadPrunWSatellite /home/xiaenhua/Novel_Seq/gla/3_OEACluster/novelseq-upload//../gla_OEA.sam /home/xiaenhua/Novel_Seq/gla/3_OEACluster/novelseq-upload//../satRemChrs.txt > ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed
    cut -f1 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed > ../gla_OEA.sam.Name
    ./unique ../gla_OEA.sam.Name > ../gla_OEA.sam.Name.Unique
    ./sortString ../gla_OEA.sam.Name.Unique > ../gla_OEA.sam.Name.Unique.sort
    cut -f1,6,8 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed > ../gla_OEA.sam.Name.Edit.Prob
    ./calProbMinEditRead ../gla_OEA.sam.Name.Unique.sort ../gla_OEA.sam.Name.Edit.Prob > ../gla_OEA.sam.Name.MinEdit.TotalProb
    sh: line 1: 20325 Segmentation fault ./calProbMinEditRead ../gla_OEA.sam.Name.Unique.sort ../gla_OEA.sam.Name.Edit.Prob >../gla_OEA.sam.Name.MinEdit.TotalProb
    ./convertToInvLRProbMinEditDist ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed $dataset.Name.MinEdit.TotalProb > ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR
    sh: line 1: 20327 Segmentation fault ./convertToInvLRProbMinEditDist ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed $dataset.Name.MinEdit.TotalProb >../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName1 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr1
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName2 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr2
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName3 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr3
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName4 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr4
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName5 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr5
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName6 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr6
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName7 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr7
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName8 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr8
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName9 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr9
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName10 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr10
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName11 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr11
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName12 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr12
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName13 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr13
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName14 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr14
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName15 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr15
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName16 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr16
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName17 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr17
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName18 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr18
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName19 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr19
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName20 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr20
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName21 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr21
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName22 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr22
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroName23 ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr23
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroNameX ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chrX
    ./OEASetsProb ../Chr_length//chroNameY ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.LR ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chrY
    cat ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr? >> ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.AllChr
    cat ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.chr?? >> ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.AllChr
    ./setCoverProbWeighted ../gla_OEA.sam.Name.Unique.sort ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.AllChr
    ./type1to2convertor ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.AllChr ../gla_OEA.fa
    sh: ./fs-fa.out: No such file or directory
    ./oea.LocalAssembly ../histogram.txt ../gla_OEA.sam.parsed.AllChr.type2 100
    sh: ./oea.LocalAssembly: No such file or directory
    --------------------
    Note:my working dir is :
    /home/xiaenhua/Novel_Seq/gla/3_OEACluster/novelseq-upload/
    (the same as NovelSeq Install dir)

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
    by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
    05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
  • seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 05-09-2024, 02:46 PM
0 responses