No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gene-level enrichment of H3K36Me3

Hi guys,
    I wonder if there is a software tool to measure the GENE-LEVEL enrichment of H3K36Me3 signals on CHIP-Seq data. I know MACS and SICER are good tools for peak calling but they are not specifically for gene-level signal enrichment measurement.

Any recommendation is appreciated.

to the best of my knowledge there is no established and validated tool to perform this task.

however, one straight-forward approach would be to collect the sum the reads on all genes in IP and control sample and analyze that data with DESeq/edgeR.

maybe, you can even treat your raw data as if it were RNASeq data.

Comment

Do you want to compare two conditions, or just score in a single sample?

If the latter: Why don't you just count how many ChIP reads you have falling onto each gene (and maybe divide by gene length and/or number of reads falling on to the same region in the input sample). What you then do with these score is another question, of course.

Comment

Thank you for your reply mudshark and Simon. I want to compare two conditions. And I know DESeq is an option. But I am not sure exactly how to identify genes with differential H3K36Me3 signal between two conditions (I guess poisson test is more appropriate than negetive binomial for CHIP Seq).

So when counting the reads, a gene should be annotated like a single exon starting from the leftmost base pair of this gene and ending at the rightmost?

I have replicates for each condition. Simon, do you think I can perform the differential analysis like for RNA-Seq?

I appreciate your help.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Best Practices for Single-Cell Sequencing Analysis
          by seqadmin

While isolating and preparing single cells for sequencing was historically the bottleneck, recent technological advancements have shifted the challenge to data analysis. This highlights the rapidly evolving nature of single-cell sequencing. The inherent complexity of single-cell analysis has intensified with the surge in data volume and the incorporation of diverse and more complex datasets. This article explores the challenges in analysis, examines common pitfalls, offers...
          06-06-2024, 07:15 AM
        • seqadmin
          Latest Developments in Precision Medicine
          by seqadmin

Technological advances have led to drastic improvements in the field of precision medicine, enabling more personalized approaches to treatment. This article explores four leading groups that are overcoming many of the challenges of genomic profiling and precision medicine through their innovative platforms and technologies.

Somatic Genomics
          “We have such a tremendous amount of genetic diversity that exists within each of us, and not just between us as individuals,”...
          05-24-2024, 01:16 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Today, 07:24 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:58 AM
        0 responses