No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCL to FASTQ

Hello Dears,

configureBclToFastq.pl --input-dir=/home/tahashafi/NGS/illumina/BaseCalls/ --output-dir=/FASTQ/home/tahashafi/Documents/ --sample-sheet=/Sheets/home/tahashafi/Documents/

Please anybody help me.

Regards
    Last edited by tahamasoodi; 10-10-2012, 03:42 AM.
    Thanks,

Do you get an error. The only thing I see is that I usually point directly to a file with the --sample-sheet arg rather than just the directory, but what you have may work if you have a file named SampleSheet.csv in that directory

Comment

I don't thin you need "=" signs in the command. Try replacing "=" with a blank space.

Comment

Error in bcl to fastq

Hi Tom Bair,

Thanks. It shows an error message that input dir does not exist.
        Thanks,

Comment

tahamasoodi,

If I may first make a suggestion that you do not post the same question multiple times across these boards. Thus far you have started two threads and added to a dormant thread with this one question. Besides not being proper board etiquitte, having multiple threads ongoing makes it difficult for the community to know what answers may already have been given in one or another.

Putting together what you have said here and in other threads you say, 1) you have approximately 30 BCL files, 2) you do not have a sample sheet and 3) you do not have a config.xml file. Based on this I suspect that you are not using CASAVA properly and perhaps don't understand the relationship between BCL files and FASTQ read files. CASAVA needs much more than just BCL files as input, it is expected that CASAVA has the whole Illumina run directory to work with. It needs a sample sheet, it needs the config.xml file, it needs the position filres (.pos, .loc or .cloc depending on instrument type/software version). And 30 BCL files really doesn't represent a useful amount of data. One BCL represents the basecalls for one tile, of one lane for one cycle of sequencing. A 100 bp paired end run (with index) on the HiSeq would generate 80,256 BCL files.

Perhaps if you gave a little more background on how you ended up with a mere 30 BCL files and what you expect to use this data for then the community could better answer your question.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
            by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
            05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
          • seqadmin
            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
            04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:57 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 05-06-2024, 07:17 AM
          0 responses