Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Eagle_Eye
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2012
    • 2

    #1

    Help with PeakAnnotator

    I am trying to annotate peak regions using PeakAnalyzer. I have problems with PeakAnnotator and I get this error message when I try to use the NDG function:

    "Files must be sorted by chromosomes,start position, end position"

    I tried several times to sort (using either excel or sortBED, still same error message)

    I am attaching the files I am currently using: Peak file is "peaks.txt" (http://www.filedropper.com/peaks) and annotation file (should be chrom, start end-sorted BED) is "annotation.bed" (http://www.filedropper.com/annotation)

    Command line used:
    > ./PeakAnnotator NDG peaks.txt annotation.bed output

    Any suggestions/help for troubleshooting?
    Thanks
  • heikomuller
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2012
    • 1

    #2
    You may try the AnnotateGenomicRegions tool (http://bioserver.iit.ieo.eu/Annotate...ons/index.html). It does the sorting of your input regions internally.

    Comment

    • apredeus
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2012
      • 151

      #3
      Originally posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
      Any suggestions/help for troubleshooting?
      Thanks
      Hi! I realize it might be a bit late but I found this problem to be EXTREMELY annoying, so I spend quite some time and figured it out. I think it's worth posting it here to save people some frustration. The sorting that works is the following Unix sort:

      sort -k1,1 -k2,2n -k3,3n file.bed > file.sorted.bed

      You should sort both called peaks file and refrence annotation (RefSeq etc). Voila

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
      0 responses
      14 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      37 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      28 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      48 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...