Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MissDona
    Member
    • Nov 2011
    • 17

    #1

    “java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException” when I run picard_AddorReplaceReadgroups

    Hi all, when I run commands as follows: run_picard.sh AddOrReplaceReadGroups INPUT=64_bwaresult_headadded.bam SORT_ORDER=coordinate RGLB=default_library RGPL=illumina RGPU=default_unit RGSM=default_name VALIDATION_STRINGENCY=SILENT OUTPUT=64bwaresult.rg.bam

    I got these error messages:

    Sun Sep 02 23:36:48 CST 2012] net.sf.picard.sam.AddOrReplaceReadGroups INPUT=64_bwaresult_headadded.bam OUTPUT=64bwaresult.sorted.rg.bam SORT_ORDER=coordinate RGLB=default_library RGPL=illumina RGPU=default_unit RGSM=default_name VALIDATION_STRINGENCY=SILENT MAX_RECORDS_IN_RAM=16000000 RGID=1 VERBOSITY=INFO QUIET=false COMPRESSION_LEVEL=5 CREATE_INDEX=false CREATE_MD5_FILE=false [Sun Sep 02 23:36:48 CST 2012] Executing as douym@x3850b on Linux 2.6.32-220.7.1.el6.x86_64 amd64; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 1.6.0_31-b04; Picard version: 1.70(1215) INFO 2012-09-02 23:36:49 AddOrReplaceReadGroups Created read group ID=1 PL=illumina LB=default_library SM=default_name

    [Sun Sep 02 23:36:51 CST 2012] net.sf.picard.sam.AddOrReplaceReadGroups done. Elapsed time: 0.04 minutes. Runtime.totalMemory()=2058027008 FAQ: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...itle=Main_Page Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: BGZF file has invalid uncompressedLength: -667232877 at net.sf.samtools.util.BlockCompressedInputStream.inflateBlock(BlockCompressedInputStream.java:376) at net.sf.samtools.util.BlockCompressedInputStream.readBlock(BlockCompressedInputStream.java:361) at net.sf.samtools.util.BlockCompressedInputStream.available(BlockCompressedInputStream.java:109) at net.sf.samtools.util.BlockCompressedInputStream.read(BlockCompressedInputStream.java:234) at java.io.DataInputStream.read(DataInputStream.java:132) at net.sf.samtools.util.BinaryCodec.readBytesOrFewer(BinaryCodec.java:394) at net.sf.samtools.util.BinaryCodec.readBytes(BinaryCodec.java:371) at net.sf.samtools.util.BinaryCodec.readByteBuffer(BinaryCodec.java:480) at net.sf.samtools.util.BinaryCodec.readInt(BinaryCodec.java:491) at net.sf.samtools.BAMRecordCodec.decode(BAMRecordCodec.java:178) at net.sf.samtools.BAMFileReader$BAMFileIterator.getNextRecord(BAMFileReader.java:523) at net.sf.samtools.BAMFileReader$BAMFileIterator.advance(BAMFileReader.java:497) at net.sf.samtools.BAMFileReader$BAMFileIterator.next(BAMFileReader.java:487) at net.sf.samtools.BAMFileReader$BAMFileIterator.next(BAMFileReader.java:446) at net.sf.samtools.SAMFileReader$AssertableIterator.next(SAMFileReader.java:641) at net.sf.samtools.SAMFileReader$AssertableIterator.next(SAMFileReader.java:619) at net.sf.picard.sam.AddOrReplaceReadGroups.doWork(AddOrReplaceReadGroups.java:91) at net.sf.picard.cmdline.CommandLineProgram.instanceMain(CommandLineProgram.java:177) at net.sf.picard.cmdline.CommandLineProgram.instanceMainWithExit(CommandLineProgram.java:119) at net.sf.picard.sam.AddOrReplaceReadGroups.main(AddOrReplaceReadGroups.java:61) Caused by: java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException at net.sf.samtools.util.BlockCompressedInputStream.inflateBlock(BlockCompressedInputStream.java:374) ... 19 more 64rg.e2344 lines 2-31/31 (END)

    I'm confused about these messages because I run almost the same commands before and it worked. What's the problem? Thanks a lot!
  • MissDona
    Member
    • Nov 2011
    • 17

    #2
    bam file wrong

    I've solved this problem~
    It seems I shouldn't filter the tag "XT:A:U" before I run picard, in which case the paired-end reads may be disconnected and result in mistake.

    Comment

    Latest Articles

    Collapse

    • SEQadmin2
      New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
      by SEQadmin2


      Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

      We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
      ...
      Yesterday, 10:25 AM
    • SEQadmin2
      How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
      by SEQadmin2




      The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

      This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
      09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

    ad_right_rmr

    Collapse

    News

    Collapse

    Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
    0 responses
    30 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
    0 responses
    25 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
    1 response
    46 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
    1 response
    55 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Working...