Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So your bamtools executable is probably in bin directory. Can you show us output of

Code:
    $ ls -lh /home/bg/repeatseq-master/bamtools/bin
    In that case you PATH needs to be changed to

Code:
    $ PATH="/home/bg/repeatseq-master/bamtools/bin:$PATH"

Comment

$ ls -lh /home/bg/repeatseq-master/bamtools/bin
      total 704K
      lrwxrwxrwx 1 bg bg 14 May 28 00:08 bamtools -> bamtools-2.3.0
      -rwxrwxr-x 1 bg bg 703K May 28 00:08 bamtools-2.3.0

then I will try,

$ PATH="/home/bg/repeatseq-master/bamtools/bin:$PATH"
      $ export PATH
      $ which bamtools
      ~/repeatseq-master/bamtools/bin/bamtools
      $
      $ cd repeatseq-master/
      [bg@dsas2 repeatseq-master]$ repeatseq
      -bash: repeatseq: command not found
      [bg@dsas2 repeatseq-master]$ echo $PATH
      /home/bg/repeatseq-master/bamtools/bin:/home/bg/repeatseq-master/bamtools:/home/bg/repeatseq-master/bamtools:/home/bg/repeatseq-master/bamtools:/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/jdk1.7.0_71/bin:/home/bg/bin
      [bg@dsas2 repeatseq-master]$ which bamtools
      ~/repeatseq-master/bamtools/bin/bamtools
      [bg@dsas2 repeatseq-master]$ chmod u+x repeatseq
      [bg@dsas2 repeatseq-master]$ repeatseq
      [bg@dsas2 repeatseq-master]$ ./repeatseq
      ./repeatseq: error while loading shared libraries: libbamtools.so.2.3.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I dont understand whats the problem !!

Comment

As the author describes on this page:https://github.com/adaptivegenome/re...25a5417b200e70

Try this:

Code:
        $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/bg/repeatseq-master/bamtools/bin:/home/bg/repeatseq-master/bamtools:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
        $ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Comment

persistence

You're getting closer so don't give up.

You messed with your LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the beginning. But you didn't put the full path to the bamtools executable in it. Genomax is saying to try that again, but this time make sure you include the "/bin" part of /repeatseq-master/bamtools/bin, because that's where the bamtools executable actually lives.

I do not really understand this either. Perhaps Genomax can clarify - is LD_LIBRARY_PATH required to be set when you build repeatseq and bamtools, or does it just need to be set when repeatseq is run? Mine is not set and repeatseq runs fine.

Comment

I suppose that when I write "repeatseq" program can work or I should add files as bam, fasta and region file.

These are my last effort ;

~]$ cd repeatse
            repeatseq]$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/bg/repeatseq/bamtools/bin
            repeatseq]$ repeatseq
            repeatseq]$ which bamtools
            /usr/bin/which: no bamtools in (/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/jdk1.7.0_71/bin:/home/bg/bin)
            repeatseq]$ export PATH=$PATH:/home/bg/repeatseq/bamtools/bin
            [ repeatseq]$ repeatseq
            ~/repeatseq/bamtools/bin/bamtools
            repeatseq]$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/bg/repeatseq/bamtools/bin:/home/bg/repeatseq/bamtools:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
            ~/repeatseq/bamtools/bin/bamtools
            repeatseq]$ repeatseq
            repeatseq]$ ./repeatseq
            ./repeatseq: error while loading shared libraries: libbamtools.so.2.3.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
            repeatseq]$ chmod u+x repeatseq
            repeatseq]$ ./repeatseq
            repeatseq]$ repeatseq
            Last edited by basalganglia; 05-30-2015, 06:51 AM.

Comment

I have download repatse-master, bamtools and fastahack again and then did all instructions that are written in INSTALL.

When I write make code for bamtools file , I have seen that

Linking CXX executable ../../../bin/bamtools,

Is there any error related with this ?

More thanks I cant give up!

Comment

Can you exactly issue the commands in post #18? Please copy and paste the commands into your terminal (if you do that then do not include the initial $ when you copy, that is the system prompt in the example).

Comment

You need to understand at least a little bit about what you're doing, which is what Genomax tried to tell you once already. It's clear from your terminal dumps that you are manually setting things every time you log in. Sometimes you mistype things, other times you forget to export the environmental variable after setting it.

So: before you type the word "repeatseq" again, go immediately to the link Genomax posted earlier, and spend a couple hours going through the bash tutorial. Otherwise you're just a monkey banging away at a keyboard hoping to write a novel by chance. (That's a reference to an English-language proverb, I'm not calling you a monkey.)

Then, once you know what environmental variables are and how to set them automatically on login, come back and try again.

I am no Unix/BASH expert. But if you want to do this stuff, you have to invest a little in developing your own skills.

Now:

This guy has posted notes on installing bamtools. He had to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
                  link

I note that his libbamtools.so.2.3.0 file was in /usr/local/lib. So I wonder if yours is not in the directories you're adding to LD_LIBRARY_PATH. You have to find libbamtools.so.2.3.0 before you can tell the system where to look for it.
                  Last edited by deyler; 05-30-2015, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your help !!!

At the end it works !!!!

Comment

Good, glad you got it running. In my experience it is too sensitive. I ended up writing a custom script to call things because we have zero tolerance for false positives.

Comment

Now, I have another problem;

To create region file with Tandem Repeats Finder, I have convert BAM file to fasta file with samtools.
                        Fasta file includes;

>HISEQ:124:H87LAADXX:1:2211:17562:14447
                        ACCCTACCCCCACCCTCACCCTCACCCCCACCCCCACCCCAACCCCAAACCCTAACCCTAACCCTAACCCTAACCCTAACCCTAACCCTAACCCCTAACCCTAACCCTAA ( I dont understand where is chromosome)

then when I use Tandem Repat result is like that ;

@HISEQ:124:H87LAADXX:2:2214:1727:13172
                        4 109 40 2.7 41 86 5 146 13 33 37 15 1.86 GGCTCCCTCACTTCTCAGACGGGGCGGCTGCCCGGCAGAGG GGCTCCTCACTTATCAGACGGGGCGGCTGTCGGGCGGAGGGGCCCCTCACTTCTCAGACGGGGCGGCTGCCCGGCAGAGGGGCTCCCCACTTCTCAGACAGGGCGG AGA G (Where is chromosome number again, it is still working, not finished)

So Should I use another convert file to see chr number ?

Comment

This thing:

>HISEQ:124:H87LAADXX:1:2211:17562:14447
                          ACCCTACCCCCACCCTCACCCTCACCCCCACCCCCACCCCAACCCCAAACCCTAACCCTAACCCTAACCCTAACCCTAACCCTAACCCTAACCCCTAACCCTAACCCTAA

is a fastq format file. It's the output of the sequencing read from the sequencer. There is no associated chromosome number because it's not aligned to a genome.

You have asked Tandem Repeat Finder to find tandem repeats in each of your sequencing reads, pretending that each of your sequencing reads is its own chromosome. The output is:

@HISEQ:124...etc.
                          [numbers] [sequences]

where @HISEQ:124:...etc. is the chromosome number.

So to put it succinctly - you're doing it wrong. The workflow is like this:

1) take your reads (your fastq files) and align them to a reference genome sequence (fasta file) with some aligner (bowtie2, bwa, Novoalign, etc.)
                          2) take your reference genome file (the fasta file you aligned to) and run Tandem Repeat Finder on it
                          3) reformat the TRF .ngs file from step 2 to be the format that RepeatSeq wants
                          3) run repeat seq on the reformatted file from step 3 and the bamfiles from step 1

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                            Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
                            by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
                            05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
                          • seqadmin
                            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                            04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:35 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post seqadmin  
                          Started by seqadmin, 05-09-2024, 02:46 PM
                          0 responses