Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Seqanswers!

Welcome to the new Seqanswers! We'd love your feedback, please post any you have to this topic: New Seqanswers Feedback.
See more
See less

Distinguish real duplicates from those generated by PCR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distinguish real duplicates from those generated by PCR

Hi All.

Sorry to bother you. Is there a way to distinguish duplicates caused by high sequencing depth from the PCR artefacts?

One more question. Is it necessary to remove the duplicates in the transcription factor ChIP-Seq? In our TF ChIP-Seqs, It is often to see a high duplication level. It is not the case in the controls. I guess the duplicate is caused by high sequencing depth not by the PCR artefacts.

Wish your help! Thanks very much!

Best, Mei

Originally posted by aquleaf View Post
    Sorry to bother you. Is there a way to distinguish duplicates caused by high sequencing depth from the PCR artefacts?
    Only if you added a unique barcode to each individual molecule during library prep before PCR. There are a couple papers out there that have done this. Here's one example:
    http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/conten...ar.gkr217.long

One more question. Is it necessary to remove the duplicates in the transcription factor ChIP-Seq? In our TF ChIP-Seqs, It is often to see a high duplication level. It is not the case in the controls. I guess the duplicate is caused by high sequencing depth not by the PCR artefacts.
    I would not remove any potential duplicates from ChIP-Seq data. You are sampling from a smaller portion of the genome, so duplicates are expected.

Comment

Working...
    X