Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jomaco
    Member
    • Oct 2011
    • 26

    #1

    DP4 field & VCF parsing/SNP analysis

    Hi

    In the samtools manual, for the DP4 field it states that the:

    "...sum can be smaller than DP because low-quality bases are not counted."

    I wonder, what is the cut-off for this? How low does the quality of a base need to be and what determines whether a base is low-quality?

    Also, I've seen various tools described but my second question is this: in the parsing of VCF files to compare the specific depth at SNP positions shared between different samples are custom scripts usually used or does it largely depend on the application (as to whether the software is already available)?

    I ask this as I am yet to see something specific to my needs but I also suppose it is quite a specific question. Is there a list or paper which you could direct me to which describes various SNP analysis programs and their applications? If this doesn't exist then I can try describe what I am trying to do but I think my main problem is simply not knowing what is out there.

    Hope you can help

    Thanks

    Jon
  • idonaldson
    Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 37

    #2
    One answer was provided here:
    http://www.biostars.org/p/67523/

    "the mpileup -Q option, which by default is 13."

    However, I am not sure this is completely correct as I have data with apparently good reads, but the total of DP4 is much less than DP.

    Did you ever answer this question?
    Last edited by idonaldson; 04-08-2013, 01:27 AM. Reason: Found a patial answer.

    Comment

    Latest Articles

    Collapse

    • SEQadmin2
      New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
      by SEQadmin2


      Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

      We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
      ...
      Today, 10:25 AM
    • SEQadmin2
      How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
      by SEQadmin2




      The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

      This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
      09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

    ad_right_rmr

    Collapse

    News

    Collapse

    Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
    0 responses
    28 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
    0 responses
    24 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
    1 response
    46 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
    1 response
    55 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Working...