Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I checked _HTseq.pyd with "dependency walker" it is complaining that "IESHIMS.DLL" can't be found. I will try to see if I can diagnose this further.

Comment

Interesting. Just ran "dependency walker" on my system, and I don't have IESHIMS.DLL either, although everything is working for me. Also, it's a "delayed dependency", so it wouldn't cause an issue right at loading.

Comment

1. Could somebody else who ha a Windows system maybe try? Just to know if its a general problem or something specific to GenoMax's system.

2. GenoMax, could you try to load "_HTSeq" (with the underscore) directly, as follows?

Code:
        C:\>cd \Python27\Lib\site-packages\HTSeq

C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\HTSeq>c:\Python27\python.exe
        Python 2.7.4 (default, Apr  6 2013, 19:54:46) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
        Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
        >>> import _HTSeq
        Last edited by Simon Anders; 04-18-2013, 12:45 PM. Reason: added full path

Comment

Here is what I get. May try to uninstall and reinstall everything tomorrow.

Code:
          Python 2.7.4 (default, Apr  6 2013, 19:54:46) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on
          >>> import _HTSeq
          Traceback (most recent call last):
            File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
          ImportError: No module named _HTSeq
          >>>

Comment

So, you went right to the directory that contained _HTSeq.pyd (you did notice the "cd" command I put on top? I shoudl have highlighted it.), and even then, it doesn't see it? That's strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Anders View Post
              So, you went right to the directory that contained _HTSeq.pyd (you did notice the "cd" command I put on top? I shoudl have highlighted it.), and even then, it doesn't see it? That's strange.
              Yes I did(see below). Not sure what is going on.

Code:
              c:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\HTSeq>cd
              c:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\HTSeq

c:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\HTSeq>c:\Python27\python.exe
              Python 2.7.4 (default, Apr  6 2013, 19:54:46) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win
              >>> import _HTSeq
              Traceback (most recent call last):
                File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
              ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
              >>>
              Do you have Visual Studio 2010 installed on your machine by any chance?

Comment

I have Visual Studio Express 2012 installed. That's what I compiled the package with.
                Last edited by Simon Anders; 04-18-2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Anders View Post
                  I have Visual Studio Express 2012. That's what I compiled the package with.
                  Aha. That was a clue I had found while searching. Let me see if I can pin down the exact DLL mentioned by going back to search.

Note: Apparently there is a "release mode" for compiling the package.

Note2: This is a list of the DLL's and Python versions that go with them. Now to install the 32-bit version or 64-bit is the question.

Can someone help fill out this table, or link to a reference, that identifies which version of VC++ Redistributable each Python version is built against on Windows. Windows Python Version DLL Name...
                  Last edited by GenoMax; 04-18-2013, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Until version 0.5.4, I always used MinGW to compile HTSeq for Windows. Now, the new version of MinGW has changed an option and Python distutils did not follow suit, causing general annoyance, and so I switched to using MSVC with the newest version, which is what the Python people actually recommend. With MinGW, the 'build_wininst' function of distutils always included everything that was needed and I would have expected that it still does so with MSVC. Doesn't seem to work, though.

Just googled. You are right, they are not included: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...er/4a9Nb2zgteo

Comment

I think I got it. The Windows version of Python 2.7 available from the Python web site seems to have been compiled with MSVC9, as is apparent fdrom the fact that according to Dependency Walker, PYTHON27.DLL depends on MSVCR90.DLL. I used MSVC12, and hence, the missing library is MSVCR110.DLL. So, I should either include this one, or ask people to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86), or maybe use MSVC9 to compile HTSeq.

Could you maybe quickly try to download and install VCredist and tell me if this solves the issue?

Comment

Will do. Give me a few minutes.

Comment

Sorry, better use this one: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl....aspx?id=30679 (file vcredist_x86.exe)

Comment

The 2010 distributable did not work but I had to get 2012 32-bit redistributable from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=30679

That worked!
                            Code:
                            Python 2.7.4 (default, Apr  6 2013, 19:54:46) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win
                            >>> import HTSeq
                            >>>
                            PS: Had not seen your update when I wrote the above.
                            Last edited by GenoMax; 04-18-2013, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Perhaps you should create a new thread and let users (Windows) know that a working version of HTSeq is now possible/available.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Okay, then I'll change the installation instructions and ask people to install the redistributable.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                                  04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 10:49 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 04-25-2024, 11:49 AM
                                0 responses