Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple alignment of RADtags

I have done multiple alignment of RAD sequences. In generated bam file I can see that for many contigs aligned sequences are one nucleotide shifted in relation to the reference. I work with non-model species and as the reference the most highly represented read in a group is used.
    I attach the picture of bam file in Tablet.

Do you have any idea what could cause this problem?
    Attached Files

Can you be a bit more explicit about the tool you use?
    How did you make the groups you're talking about?
    Did you align the reads to your reference or did an actual MSA.

Comment

Tcezard, thanks for your interest.
      First I used blat, then mcl graph clustering, then muscle for multiple alignment. It was multiple sequence alignment. And the output of that was both sam/bam file and fasta reference sequences file.

I am doing double digest RADseq experiment based on the paper of Brandt Peterson "Double Digest RADseq: An Inexpensive method for De Novo SNP Discovery and Genotyping in Model and Non-Model Species" (2012), PLos ONE.

And for the analyses I use scripts (rtd) mentioned in the paper and available at github (https://github.com/brantp/rtd).

Maybe someone has been using this method?

Comment

Hi Iwex do you have the idea of how does de ddRADseq works I mean about the workflow?

Comment

Hi Ccortes,
          yes I know the workflow quite well. I have already done ddRAD libraries on my own. And finaly I analysed them with Stacks as I could not solve the mentioned problem with alignment.
          Do you have any questions?

Comment

we also used stacks as the ddRAD pipeline would produce HUGE temp files.

Comment

Thank you iwex, currently iḿ comparing diferent tools for implementing a pipeline for SNP calling. I read about the ddRADseq pipeline however i don't the startign point for this pipeline, could you tell how did you do the analysis.

Best regards

Hi Ccortes,
              yes I know the workflow quite well. I have already done ddRAD libraries on my own. And finaly I analysed them with Stacks as I could not solve the mentioned problem with alignment.
              Do you have any questions?[/QUOTE]

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
              • seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-25-2024, 11:49 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
              0 responses