• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• install cufflinks-2.1.1

Hi,

I try to install cufflinks-2.1.1.

./configure

checking for bamlib... configure: error: We could not detect the bam libraries (version or higher). If you have a staged bam library (still not installed) please specify $BAM_ROOT in your environment and do not give a PATH to --with-bam option. If you are sure you have bam installed, then check your version number looking in <bam/version.hpp>. See http://randspringer.de/bam for more documentation.

Anything I can do?

Thanks!

See the section on "installing samtools": http://cufflinks.cbcb.umd.edu/tutorial.html

Unless it is something else, once you install "libbam.a" from samtools in the right location that error should go away.
    Last edited by GenoMax; 06-05-2013, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks GenoMax,

I have already copyed the library libbam.a and samtools in /usr/bin, make a directory called "bam" in /usr/bin, copy *.h and samtools in /usr/bin/bam.

Still got the error:

checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.4... python
      checking for python... /usr/bin/python
      checking for python version... 2.7
      checking for python platform... linux2
      checking for python script directory... ${prefix}/lib/python2.7/site-packages
      checking for python extension module directory... ${exec_prefix}/lib/python2.7/site-packages
      checking for boostlib >= 1.47.0... yes
      checking for bamlib... configure: error: We could not detect the bam libraries (version or higher). If you have a staged bam library (still not installed) please specify $BAM_ROOT in your environment and do not give a PATH to --with-bam option. If you are sure you have bam installed, then check your version number looking in <bam/version.hpp>. See http://randspringer.de/bam for more documentation.

Am I copy the files to the wrong direction?

Thanks in Advance for your great help!

Comment

libbam.a has to go to the "lib" directory (e.g. /usr/local/lib/).

You have not explicitly said so but is that true?

Comment

GenoMax,

Thank you for your answer.

I followed the manual: copyed the library libbam.a and samtools in /usr/local/lib, make a directory called "bam" in /usr/local/include, copy *.h and samtools in /usr/local/include/bam.

./configure

checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
          checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.4... python
          checking for python... /usr/bin/python
          checking for python version... 2.7
          checking for python platform... linux2
          checking for python script directory... ${prefix}/lib/python2.7/site-packages
          checking for python extension module directory... ${exec_prefix}/lib/python2.7/site-packages
          checking for boostlib >= 1.47.0... yes

What can I do?

Thank you so much!

Comment

Hi, GenoMax,

I got the right answer. I had to add --prefix= --with-bam= after ./configure.

Thank you so much!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
              by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
              04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
            • seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:06 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-30-2024, 12:17 PM
            0 responses