No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extration -option for blastdbcmd command

Hi,

I am interested in getting associated with the resistance of cadmium from the sequences of contigs noted on MG_RAST and recognized for this function genes. the sequence contigs are derived from the de novo assembly of metagenome data contaminated with heavy metals lakes.

I did a BLASTN, using the command: blastn-query with the optional 6-outfmt blasn.out-out, to finally have the array that contains the NCBI id of hits related to the resistence of cadmium.

When I would have the fasta file id NCBI genome sequences, using the blastdbcmd order, I get all the complete genome of organisms that have the genes of interest, but I want to know if there is an option in blastdbcmd command used to extract just the genes involved in CDs or resistence cadmium: CzcA CzcB, Czcc, CzcD.

Thanks,
    LaboDer.

You could probably extract your stuff straight from MG-RAST. As to your question, with blastdmcmd you simply provide a list of IDs. It's up to you to produce that list. If 'CzcA CzcB, Czcc, CzcD' appear in sequence titles, you could probably awk your way.. see the blast manual..
    Last edited by rhinoceros; 08-12-2013, 10:32 PM.
    savetherhino.org

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
      by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
      02-26-2024, 02:07 PM
    • seqadmin
      Multiomics Techniques Advancing Disease Research
      by seqadmin

New and advanced multiomics tools and technologies have opened new avenues of research and markedly enhanced various disciplines such as disease research and precision medicine1. The practice of merging diverse data from various ‘omes increasingly provides a more holistic understanding of biological systems. As Maddison Masaeli, Co-Founder and CEO at Deepcell, aptly noted, “You can't explain biology in its complex form with one modality.”

A major leap in the field has
      02-08-2024, 06:33 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 02-28-2024, 06:12 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 02-23-2024, 04:11 PM