No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jellyfish::file_parser::FileParserError

Hi, all

I try to assembled my illumina PE reads by using MaSuRCA assembler, but it aborted with the following error message:

$ ./assemble.sh
    processing PE library reads 2013年 09月 18日 星期三 00:04:46 CST
    Average PE read length 101
    choosing kmer size of 31 for the graph
    running Jellyfish 2013年 09月 18日 星期三 00:47:08 CST
    MIN_Q_CHAR: 33
    Error correction Poisson cutoff = 6
    error correct PE 2013年 09月 18日 星期三 02:27:13 CST
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'jellyfish::file_parser::FileParserError'
    what(): Empty input file 'pe.cor.fa'
    ./assemble.sh: line 63: 27070 已放弃 (core dumped) jellyfish count -p 126 -m 31 -t 8 -C -s $JF_SIZE -o k_u pe.cor.fa
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'mapped_file::ErrorMMap'
    what(): Can't open file 'k_u_hash_0': No such file or directory
    Estimated genome size:
    Invalid uint64_t '-l' for [-n, --nb-mers=uint64]: Negative value
    computing super reads from PE 2013年 09月 18日 星期三 02:27:27 CST
    Super reads failed, check super1.err and files in ./work1/

As far as I can see, the problem would have something to do with data trimming process. My raw reads was implemented adapter and quality trimming by using scythe and sickle, as discribed in the Assemblathon 2 paper. Then I ran the MaSuRCA.
    The 'FileParserError' problem was submitted at http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33688 and http://www.biostars.org/p/73067/, but seems nobody found the solution.
    Also, the similary error was arised in Soapdenovo 2 as 'Seg fault' as described at http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthr...290#post106290.

I'm at a loss in finding the reason, and any guidance or suggestions would be very appreciated.

Best regards!

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
0 responses