• Show
Clear All

• petrie
    replied
    Thank you!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• JackieBadger
    replied
    get rid of `which trimmomatic.jar`.... this is a command you use to locate files when you do not know the path.... seeing as this function returns the path, that is what you use

Leave a comment:

• petrie
    started a topic trimmomatic syntax help

trimmomatic syntax help

Hi! I am trying to use trimmomatic in palindrome mode to remove adaptor sequence from readthrough past the end of my fragment.
    (My fragments are ~200 nt, and I sequenced with a 2X251 MiSeq run).
    I am having trouble getting the syntax right. Below is command I'm using but I keep just getting a usage message, so I must be typing something in wrong.

I'm a bench scientist in the process of learning coding by doing, so I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me spot the noob error. Thanks!

java -jar `which trimmomatic.jar` /opt/applications/trimmomatic/0.30/trimmomatic.jar
    PE -phred33 -trimlog 092713log1.log
    2013-5_S5_L001_R1_001.fastq 2013-5_S5_L001_R2_001.fastq 092713pairedR1.fastq 092713unpairedR1.fastq
    092713pairedR2.fastq 092713unpariedR2.fastq ILLUMINACLIP:Nexterai7Multiplex2_PE_barcode5.fasta:4:30:7:1:true

Here's the error I get back. I assume it's the program's way of informing me that I am entering the parameters incorrectly.

Usage:
    PE [-threads <threads>] [-phred33|-phred64] [-trimlog <trimLogFile>] <inputFile1> <inputFile2> <outputFile1P> <outputFile1U> <outputFile2P> <outputFile2U> <trimmer1>...
    or:
    SE [-threads <threads>] [-phred33|-phred64] [-trimlog <trimLogFile>] <inputFile> <outputFile> <trimmer1>...

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses