I am about to commit some serious time to analyzing data produced on a SOLiD 5500 and I had a few questions about sequence quality. First off, does quality matter that much if I have >10 million reads per sample? Second, does quality seriously alter mapping with TOPHAT (RNAseq analysis)? I would think this is less of a problem then if I was doing SNP detection or something. Finally, I can filter the reads with quality scores below 10 easily in GALAXY, but then I lose ~55% of the reads! Seems like a lot. Here are some images pre and post filtering. Am I just trying too hard to clean up the data or should I filter? Thanks in advance.

Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 11:14 AM
|
0 responses
3 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
Today, 11:14 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
53 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|