Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ytmnd85
    Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 10

    #1

    Tophat - fasta file

    I am attempting to use Tophat to analyze some data for our lab, and have fun into a snag. I have downloaded a pre-built index from the Tophat/Bowtie website, which contains various .ebwt files. However, upon running tophat, I get the error that Tophat needs a .bfa file. I'm not sure why it requires a .bfa file, but, in another data set, I have a fasta file, and upon changing the name form '.fa' to '.bfa', Tophat works.

    I read the Tophat website, and it claims that Tophat can assemble a fasta file (.fa) if I don't have one, but whenever I try to run Tophat, it never states that it can assemble this file. The only response I get is that Tophat needs a '.bfa' file.

    Any ideas what I might be doing wrong to prevent Tophat from assembling this .bfa file, or is there another method you'd suggest I use to make a fasta file on my own?

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    Yesterday, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
0 responses
7 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
31 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
26 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
46 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...