• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I have problem with bwa installation:
    after typing make it running in to the following error:
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS ksw.c -o ksw.o
    In file included from ksw.c:28:0:
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.8/include/emmintrin.h:31:3: error: #error "SSE2 instruction set not enabled"
    # error "SSE2 instruction set not enabled"
    ^
    ksw.c:48:2: error: unknown type name ‘__m128i’
    __m128i *qp, *H0, *H1, *E, *Hmax;
    ^
    ksw.c: In function ‘ksw_qinit’:
    ksw.c:71:11: error: ‘__m128i’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    q->qp = (__m128i*)(((size_t)q + sizeof(kswq_t) + 15) >> 4 << 4); // align memory
    ^
    ksw.c:71:11: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
    ksw.c:71:19: error: expected expression before ‘)’ token
    q->qp = (__m128i*)(((size_t)q + sizeof(kswq_t) + 15) >> 4 << 4); // align memory
    ^
    ksw.c: In function ‘ksw_u8’:
    ksw.c:114:2: error: unknown type name ‘__m128i’
    __m128i zero, gapoe, gape, shift, *H0, *H1, *E, *Hmax;
    ^
    ksw.c:130:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘_mm_set1_epi32’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    zero = _mm_set1_epi32(0);
    ^
    ksw.c:131:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘_mm_set1_epi8’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    gapoe = _mm_set1_epi8(_gapo + _gape);
    ^
    ksw.c:137:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘_mm_store_si128’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    _mm_store_si128(E + i, zero);
    ^
    ksw.c:144:3: error: unknown type name ‘__m128i’
    __m128i e, h, f = zero, max = zero, *S = q->qp + target[i] * slen; // s is the 1st score vector
    ^
    ksw.c:145:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘_mm_load_si128’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    h = _mm_load_si128(H0 + slen - 1); // h={2,5,8,11,14,17,-1,-1} in the above example
    ^
    ksw.c:146:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘_mm_slli_si128’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    h = _mm_slli_si128(h, 1); // h=H(i-1,-1); << instead of >> because x64 is little-endian
    ^
    ksw.c:154:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘_mm_adds_epu8’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    h = _mm_adds_epu8(h, _mm_load_si128(S + j));
    ^
    ksw.c:155:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘_mm_subs_epu8’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    h = _mm_subs_epu8(h, shift); // h=H'(i-1,j-1)+S(i,j)
    ^
    ksw.c:157:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘_mm_max_epu8’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    h = _mm_max_epu8(h, e);
    ^
    ksw.c:181:5: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘_mm_movemask_epi8’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    cmp = _mm_movemask_epi8(_mm_cmpeq_epi8(_mm_subs_epu8(f, h), zero));
    ^
    ksw.c:181:5: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘_mm_cmpeq_epi8’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    ksw.c:187:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘_mm_srli_si128’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    __max_16(imax, max); // imax is the maximum number in max
    ^
    ksw.c:187:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘_mm_extract_epi16’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    ksw.c: In function ‘ksw_i16’:
    ksw.c:232:2: error: unknown type name ‘__m128i’
    __m128i zero, gapoe, gape, *H0, *H1, *E, *Hmax;
    ^
    ksw.c:248:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘_mm_set1_epi16’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    gapoe = _mm_set1_epi16(_gapo + _gape);
    ^
    ksw.c:260:3: error: unknown type name ‘__m128i’
    __m128i e, h, f = zero, max = zero, *S = q->qp + target[i] * slen; // s is the 1st score vector
    ^
    ksw.c:264:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘_mm_adds_epi16’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    h = _mm_adds_epi16(h, *S++);
    ^
    ksw.c:266:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘_mm_max_epi16’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    h = _mm_max_epi16(h, e);
    ^
    ksw.c:270:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘_mm_subs_epu16’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    h = _mm_subs_epu16(h, gapoe);
    ^
    ksw.c:286:5: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘_mm_cmpgt_epi16’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    if(UNLIKELY(!_mm_movemask_epi8(_mm_cmpgt_epi16(f, h)))) goto end_loop8;
    ^
    make: *** [ksw.o] Error 1

Comment

What version of gcc do you have?
      What type of machine are you on?
      What version of bwa?
      What does "uname -a" return on your command line? This should provide the machine architecture.

Check here : http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthr...1&goto=newpost
      and here
      I am getting trouble with this error: "SSE instruction set not enabled". How I can figure this out? I have ACER i7, Ubuntu 11.10, please any one can help me? Any help will be appreciated! Also r...

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Finney View Post
        What version of gcc do you have?
        What type of machine are you on?
        What version of bwa?
        What does "uname -a" return on your command line? This should provide the machine architecture.

Check here : http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthr...1&goto=newpost
        and here
        http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9...et-not-enabled

Thanks for your responding,
        gcc version: 4.8.2 (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1)
        I install Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS on WMware Workstation
        Bwa version: bwa-0.7.5a
        Uname –a: Linux ubuntu 3.16.0-30-generic #40~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jan 15 17:45:15 UTC 2015 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux

Comment

Originally posted by a.vhd View Post
          Thanks for your responding,
          gcc version: 4.8.2 (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1)
          I install Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS on WMware Workstation
          Bwa version: bwa-0.7.5a
          Uname –a: Linux ubuntu 3.16.0-30-generic #40~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jan 15 17:45:15 UTC 2015 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux
          You are using 32-bit Ubuntu. If possible consider installing 64-bit Ubuntu since you will run into memory limitations (specially with human genome size references) once you start doing data analysis.

If that is not feasible then use Pierre's suggestions in this thread to make necessary changes to get bwa to compile on 32-bit linux: https://www.biostars.org/p/80351/

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
            You are using 32-bit Ubuntu. If possible consider installing 64-bit Ubuntu since you will run into memory limitations (specially with human genome size references) once you start doing data analysis.

If that is not feasible then use Pierre's suggestions in this thread to make necessary changes to get bwa to compile on 32-bit linux: https://www.biostars.org/p/80351/
            Thanks a lot for your guidance,
            I try "more Makefile" command and receive those outputs but the process stop on "--More--(20%)".When I want to close the terminal it shows There is still a process running!

Is it necessary to install 64-bit Ubuntu since I had some problems working with Trimmomatic too?

Comment

Thanks a lot for your guidance,
              I try "more Makefile" command and receive those outputs but the process stop on "--More--(20%)".When I want to close the terminal it shows There is still a process running!
              "more" command displays the content of the makefile (more program shows a screenful of information at one time, space bar takes you to next screenful and the key b will take you back one screen). You will need to use an editor (you can use a graphical text editor in ubuntu, if you find it easier) to make the changes to the makefile and then save those changes.

If you are not familiar with the command line/linux then this link has a good guide targeted towards biologists: http://korflab.ucdavis.edu/Unix_and_...ent.html#part1
              Is it necessary to install 64-bit Ubuntu since I had some problems working with Trimmomatic too?
              Are you doing re-sequencing? What is the size of the reference genome you are working with? Like I said yesterday if it is > 1 Gbp then you should consider switching to 64-bit ubuntu as long as you have > 4 GB RAM in your computer.

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                "more" command displays the content of the makefile (more program shows a screenful of information at one time, space bar takes you to next screenful and the key b will take you back one screen). You will need to use an editor (you can use a graphical text editor in ubuntu, if you find it easier) to make the changes to the makefile and then save those changes.
                What kind of changes do you mean?

Are you doing re-sequencing? What is the size of the reference genome you are working with? Like I said yesterday if it is > 1 Gbp then you should consider switching to 64-bit ubuntu as long as you have > 4 GB RAM in your computer

I 'm working on RNA-seq (Illumina), the size of them is about 7-12 GB
                Last edited by a.vhd; 04-28-2015, 11:19 AM.

Comment

What kind of changes do you mean?
                  Your makefile has to look like this (only first few lines copied below, make any changes needed) before you can compile bwa on 32-bit Ubuntu.

Quoted from Pierre's suggestions from biostars thread linked above:

Code:
                      CC=            gcc
                      CFLAGS=        -g -Wall -O2 -msse -mmmx -msse2
                      AR=            ar
                      DFLAGS=        -DHAVE_PTHREAD
                      LOBJS=        utils.o kstring.o ksw.o bwt.o bntseq.o bwa.o bwamem.o bwamem_pai
                  I 'm working on RNA-seq (Illumina), the size of them is about 7-12 GB
                  What is the size of your reference genome (assuming this was a re-sequencing project)?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Today, 11:49 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
                  0 responses