No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pandaseq assembly

Hi,

I just started to learn how to use Pandaseq and I have some questions which I would like to seek for help.

1) I don't understand the explaination of the algorithm "-t" in the manual. What does the "score" referred to? How to select what score is needed for the assembly?

2) I have include -u in the command line but the unpaired sequences are not saved in any file after the assembly. What should I do? same goes to -g for the log file.

3) How to save the contigs into fastq file instead of fasta?

My appology for my bad english.

Thank you very much,
    eve
    Last edited by evepy88; 01-19-2014, 12:29 AM.

In reply to part 3) of your question:

I have no experience with Panda-Seq, but most assemblers produce contigs files in fasta format, not fastq.

Comment

1) From the code, -t is defined as: "The minimum probability that a sequence must have to match a primer." The default is 0.6. So unless you are primer-matching then '-t' would not be relevant.

As far as I know probability for primer matching is set the same way as it is for overlap. Which, quoting from the FAQ, is "... where there is a mismatch, it is the probability that one base was sequenced correctly and the other was sequenced incorrectly. If both bases have high [input quality] scores (i.e., are probably correct), the chance of the resulting base is low (i.e., is probably incorrect). For more information, see the paper. Also, remember that the PHRED to probability conversion is not linear, so most scores are relatively high. "

2) I have never used '-u' however I am surprised that is not working. Perhaps you can give your full command line? Perhaps there is a simple error in it.

3) use -F ... note that the quality scores are "conceptually different from the input quality scores" and that you should not use the q-scores for further quality filtering. I had one customer use panda-generated fastq files as input into QIIME with very mixed results.

Comment

Hi,

The command line looks like this:

$pandaseq -f N1_R1.fastq -r N1_R2.fastq -u N1_unpaired.fasta -6 -l 140 -o 50 -g N1_log.txt -N -w N1_assembled.fasta > N1_assemble.fasta

Thanks for helping.
        eve
        Last edited by evepy88; 01-19-2014, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
          by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
          05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
        • seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 07:03 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
        0 responses