Exception(FILE): sample1_Assembly.nbl: No such file or directory
    I used the formatdb to generate the blastdb. It generate 5 files:
    sample1_Assembly.nhr
    sample1_Assembly.nin
    sample1_Assembly.nsd
    sample1_Assembly.nsi
    sample1_Assembly.nsq
    Any thoughts on this?

You appear to be running an old version of blast (since you are using blastall). Is there a specific reason for that and what version are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
      You appear to be running an old version of blast (since you are using blastall). Is there a specific reason for that and what version are you using?
      Thanks for your reply. It is just as installed on the server. Do not have the privilege to update it. Any other ways, using an old version of formatdb?

Comment

You should be able to use a newer version from your own directory. You can find the source (as well as pre-compiled executables) here: ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/blast/exe...blast+/LATEST/

What command line options did you use for formatdb?

Comment

You should be able to use a newer version from your own directory. You can find the source (as well as pre-compiled executables) here: ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/blast/exe...blast+/LATEST/

Sorry to reply late.

formatdb -i “input file” -p F -n “Name of db” -o T -l “log file”

but it just cannot generate the *.nbl file. Thanks in advance.

Comment

The thing is I have some other old blastdb databases at the moment. So if I have to use the new version of the blast, all the old bast database have to be modified. Too costly. : |

Comment

Originally posted by arkilis View Post
              The thing is I have some other old blastdb databases at the moment. So if I have to use the new version of the blast, all the old bast database have to be modified. Too costly. : |
              It seems to me that you would only have to use the new blast on the one database giving you problems -- sample1_Assembly. Your other databases could be left alone.

Granted there is a learning curve for the new Blast. The command line switches are different. However support is almost always better for a current program, especially since the new version of Blast has been out for several years by now.

As to your question. I've never seen the *.nbl file before thus am unsure what it is used for. Your formatdb and blastall commands seem to be fine.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
                by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
                Today, 07:48 AM
              • seqadmin
                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Today, 07:17 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 05-02-2024, 08:06 AM
              0 responses