No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using SVdetect for finding rearrangements in resequenced genome

Dear all

I have sequenced a CHO cell line descended from CHO K1 and I would like to investigate the chromosomal rearrangements that as occurred. I found a program called SVdetect that other people seem to like and even a tutorial with a step by step explanation. I sequenced the genome to a theoretical depth of 38x but below i used a dataset only contaning ~3x depth (here I used a subset of the data = only enough reads were aligned for ~3x depth of the genome and not the full dataset)

1. I made a list of the chromosomes and their length (called sortedlist.txt)
    1 NW_003613580.1 8905210
    2 NW_003613581.1 8197018
    3 NW_003613582.1 6761507

4392 NW_003717424.1 213

2. I aligned my reads to the CHO K1 genome using BWA, realigned using GATK and removed duplicates using Picard.

3. I used the SVDetect BAM_preprocessingPairs script to preprocess my bam file
    perl ~/genome/SVDetect_r0.8b/scripts/BAM_preprocessingPairs.pl /novo/omicsmanager/processed01/1099/data/pipe2del/DXB1/4Picard.bam

Gave the output:
    Total : 62889376 pairs analysed
    -- 251915 pairs whose one or both reads are unmapped
    -- 62637461 mapped pairs
    ---- 746850 abnormal mapped pairs
    ------ 542994 pairs mapped on two different chromosomes
    ------ 443784 pairs with incorrect strand orientation and/or pair order
    ------ 179904 pairs with incorrect insert size distance
    ---- 61890611 correct mapped pairs

4. I converted the bam to sam
    samtools view -h -o 4Picard.ab.sam 4Picard.ab.bam

5. I made a config file more or less exactly as in the toturial
    <general>
    input_format=sam
    sv_type=all
    mates_orientation=RF
    read1_length=86
    read2_length=86
    mates_file=/novo/omicsmanager/processed01/1099/data/pipe2del/SVdetect/4Picard.ab.sam
    cmap_file=/novo/omicsmanager/processed01/1099/data/pipe2del/SVdetect/sortedlist.txt
    num_threads=1
    </general>

<detection>
    split_mate_file=0
    window_size=2000
    step_length=500
    </detection>

<filtering>
    split_link_file=0
    nb_pairs_threshold=3
    strand_filtering=1
    </filtering>

<bed>
    <colorcode>
    255,0,0=1,4
    0,255,0=5,10
    0,0,255=11,100000
    </colorcode>

6. Finally I ran SVDetect
    perl ~/genome/SVDetect_r0.8b/bin/SVDetect linking -conf /novo/omicsmanager/processed01/1099/data/pipe2del/SVdetect/configfile.txt

it gave the output:
    ls: cannot access ./mates/4Picard.ab.sam.all*: No such file or directory
    # Error: No splitted mate files already created at ./ : at /novo/users/csrk/genome/SVDetect_r0.8b/bin/SVDetect line 136.

I could not find anybody else posting this error massage. I would be very gratefull if anyone that could guide me to another step by step manual for using SVDetect or help me make one here for others to find by google.

I think you're missing a specification of the bam file containing all mapped reads. You should figure out why it's looking for this file "./mates/4Picard.ab.sam.all".... it's likely the original bam file.

Comment

Dear YazBraimah

You are right on the money... i continued the question in another thread (
      http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41919) but it was a matter of the program not being written to handle more than 255 chromosomes. The ./mates/4Picard.ab.sam.all had to be made before running the software.

-Christian

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
        by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
        05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
      • seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 05-14-2024, 07:03 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
      0 responses