No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChIP-Seq TFBS Analysis

Hi all,
    I am hoping to get some help with TFBS analysis with ChIP-Seq data. I have done de novo motif analysis suing MEME, R-SAT, but now I want to know what are the other predicted TFBS in my ChIP_Seq peaks.
    I have done a lot of TFBS analysis over years with 1-10 sequences at a time. But with ChIP-Seq you have thousands of peak sequences and most tools online do not accept that much sequence. So I tried the BIOBASE TRANSFAC tool for TFBS analysis on ChIP-Seq data, it worked great, but for once in a while use its too expensive to buy
    Does any one know how to download the public version of TRANSFAC database or even JASPER TFBS matrix files? I have been struggling to get these. But I know from different publications that people have used them with their own homemade scripts.
    Also does anyone know of a program or script that you can use with these TFBS matrix files to look for TFBS in ChIP-Seq data?
    (I am assuming this will be all based on PWM thresholds).

I appreciate any help I can get with this!

Thank you!

You might want to check out FIMO in the MEME suite of tools.

Comment

Originally posted by sowmyai View Post
      You might want to check out FIMO in the MEME suite of tools.

http://meme.nbcr.net/meme/fimo-intro.html
      Thanks for your response!

However, FIMO also requires us to provide the specific motifs.
      'FIMO searches a sequence database for occurrences of user provided motifs, treating each motif independently.'

My problem is that I want to know what are all the TFBS in my ChIP-Seq peaks from all the known TFBS matrices. Just like when you take a 500bp sequence for a gene promoter and analyze for any known TFBS. I want to do that for whole ChIP-Seq dataset.
      So for this I need the file with all the TFBS matrices, and as FIMO mentions, I do need to provide a list of motifs that it can look for.
      Does any one have this TRANSFAC or JASPER TFBS matrix file?

Thanks you!

Comment

try pscan CHIP http://159.149.160.51/pscan_chip_dev/

or http://trap.molgen.mpg.de/cgi-bin/home.cgi

Comment

What about the JASPAR web site? There is a "Download" button that should give you exactly the file you are looking for (unless I am misunderstanding)

JASPAR is the largest open-access database of curated and non-redundant transcription factor (TF) binding profiles from six different taxonomic groups.

PFMs are in
          JASPAR is the largest open-access database of curated and non-redundant transcription factor (TF) binding profiles from six different taxonomic groups.

Comment

Originally posted by sowmyai View Post
            What about the JASPAR web site? There is a "Download" button that should give you exactly the file you are looking for (unless I am misunderstanding)

PFMs are in
            http://jaspar.genereg.net/html/DOWNL.../nonredundant/
            Thank you so much! yes, I had clicked on the download link but could not figure out which set to download for vertebrates. Anyways, your second direct download link was useful, got the folder.
            Again thank you so much!
            Now I still need the TRANSFAC public database link to complete the whole set of TFBS, since JASPER coverage is a little less, but combined with TRANSFAC public it covers most of the known TFBS.

Comment

Thank you! Both links are helpful, but pScan is only for mouse and humans, I work in frogs
              I am running TRAP now, but it only takes unto 3000 sequences, almost 10-20 times less than the ChIP_Seq data. But if it works I am still willing to upload my sequences 20 times.
              One good thing about TRAP is that it uses TRANSFAC database 10.2, so many more known TFBS matrices are in it. Not sure what the output will be since it looks for enriched sites only. I will post another reply based on how well it worked.

Comment

TRAP: This program never finished the analysis. I kept it running over the weekend but it never gave any output. I tried it with one or two peak sequences and it worked. I am guessing the whole ChIP-Seq data is too much to handle for it.

Comment

Hi,

you might want to try the R/Bioconductor package TFBSTool (http://www.bioconductor.org/packages...TFBSTools.html)
                  You can directly get the JASPAR matrices you want and it works great even on big ChIP-seq data sets. So you don't need Transfac and you don't need to download the JASPAR database yourselfe.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
                  0 responses