No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cufflinks/cuffdiff-segmentation error: 11

Hi, I need your help.

I'm very new to this pipeline. I have just finished mapped my reads using tophat2 without any problems according to Alternate protocols for "Quantification of reference annotation only" from Nature Protocols paper (2012). I'm now trying to perform differential expression analysis and I keep getting the "segmentation error:11" almost immediately. I see other threads but they seem to have a different problem from me.

For example:
    $ cufflinks -o test_clout 2064NIC51_thout/accepted_hits.bam
    You are using Cufflinks v2.2.0, which is the most recent release.
    [23:17:27] Inspecting reads and determining fragment length distribution.
    Segmentation fault: 11

I am getting this message for both cufflinks and cuffdiff. I don't know what I'm doing incorrectly. I have run the test data and it seems fine.

$ cufflinks test_data.sam.txt
    You are using Cufflinks v2.2.0, which is the most recent release.
    [bam_header_read] EOF marker is absent. The input is probably truncated.
    [bam_header_read] invalid BAM binary header (this is not a BAM file).
    File test_data.sam.txt doesn't appear to be a valid BAM file, trying SAM...
    [23:18:37] Inspecting reads and determining fragment length distribution.
    Processed 1 loci. [*************************] 100%
    Warning: Using default Gaussian distribution due to insufficient paired-end reads in open ranges. It is recommended that correct parameters (--frag-len-mean and --frag-len-std-dev) be provided.
    Map Properties:
    Normalized Map Mass: 102.50
    Raw Map Mass: 102.50
    Fragment Length Distribution: Truncated Gaussian (default)
    Default Mean: 200
    Default Std Dev: 80
    [23:18:37] Assembling transcripts and estimating abundances.
    Processed 1 loci. [*************************] 100%

I currently running the analysis on Mac OS X with 8 GB of RAM.

I will really appreciate any help I can get.

I'm getting the same problem -- I'm also following the Nature Protocols paper and running OSX with 8 GB RAM.

I'm getting this error on a .BAM file that I obtained from ArrayExpress. If I run through the protocol using the demo data the paper references, it works properly with the .BAM that TopHat outputs. So, I suspect there's something wrong with the file.

Were you able to figure it out?

Comment

I downloaded Cufflinks 2.1.1 and that version ran fine for me. I used Tophat2. I don't have experience with ArrayExpress, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Sataree View Post
        I downloaded Cufflinks 2.1.1 and that version ran fine for me. I used Tophat2. I don't have experience with ArrayExpress, sorry.
        Thanks! I just tried 2.1.1, and it's working for me, too. I guess there's a bug in 2.2.0?

Oh, and ArrayExpress is a repository that has array and sequence data from published papers, so I was trying to analyze pre-prepared data. That's why it was strange to me that it didn't work!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
          by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
          05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
        • seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 05-09-2024, 02:46 PM
        0 responses