No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to perform mapping if refrence is small

Hello,
    i have a sequence of a gene of my interest which is 700 bp long . I want to align my processed illumina data with this sequence of a gene ( taking it as a reference sequence). I used tohat program for this but it give error during splice junction formation.but it runs by bowtie. by using bowtie mapping file (.sam) i have run cuffling program and another program like htseq for read count. but i am unable to count reads.please tell me if anyone have any idea about how to aling reads if refrence is small.

Using a totally not-related-to-your-topic thread to ask a question is not likely to get much of a response. I suggest starting a new topic with your question and put in more detail than "unable". That said, mapping with bowtie2 and then looking at the resultant SAM/BAM file will give you read counts. htseq should also give you the counts although its method is a bit complex for just one gene.

Comment

moved to new thread...

ppant, post new questions in new threads...thanks.

Comment

Reference you want to use may be small but do the reads in your sample derive from a larger genome?

You could easily use an alternate aligner like Rick suggested (BBMap would be simple to use) (or even blat/blast) to align only against the smaller reference but the aligner may end up aligning some reads may actually be from a different part of the genome. If this 700 bp reference is contiguous you could consider the number of reads that successfully align as your count.
        Last edited by GenoMax; 07-01-2014, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
          by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
          05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
        • seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Today, 02:46 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 05-07-2024, 06:57 AM
        0 responses