Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot to all for your suggestions. Finally I got the program running, by deleting the bloody white spaces in the read names and then setting -NW:mrnl=80 in MIRA, after that all worked perfectly

Comment

If you had several lines starting GIMXFMA02G21Y1 but the descriptions were different, something strange has happened. I suspect you still have a problem in your data, and all you have done by editing the read names is avoid MIRA's sanity test without fixing the real problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Olalla View Post
        So, the read names in my fastq files appear as follows:
        GIMXFMA02G21Y1 length=60 xy=2788_0299 region=2 run=R_2010_06_09_09_17_36_ that is, long names with spaces. So I think that what MIRA is doing is juts taking the first 14 characters as the read name (e.g. GIMXFMA02G21Y1),
        Yes, that is the identifier - everything after the space is an optional description in FASTQ.
        Originally posted by Olalla View Post
        which in fact are repeated among many of the files that I do have (I have found common lines when comparing files including only these names in the lines). However, when I search for common lines in files including all information in headers (like GIMXFMA02G21Y1 length=60 xy=2788_0299 region=2 run=R_2010_06_09_09_17_36_), the output of the search is that there are no common lines between any of the files, so I think that I should first eliminate spaces, maybe replacing them by ":".
        Something is wrong, GIMXFMA02G21Y1 should be unique. What does this give?
        Code:
        grep GIMXFMA02G21Y1 your_file.fastq

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
          by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
          05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
        • seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 05-14-2024, 07:03 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
        0 responses