Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • thh32
    Member
    • Feb 2014
    • 60

    #1

    Help creating phylogenetic map

    I currently have a list of taxonID's which I have obtained by blast identification of the contigs within my metagenomic assembly. I have tried using Phylot to create a tree and then iTOL to display it which worked.


    However I want to make the graph more descriptive by having each major group named on the map and the counts within each group displayed as bars on the outside. I know this can be done as it is with their tree of life graph but as I am new to this I have no idea of the correct input for displaying it in such a way.

    If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Tom
  • SNPsaurus
    Registered Vendor
    • May 2013
    • 525

    #2
    Have you tried MetaPhlan2 and GraPhlan to make figures like this?


    It sounds like you have a specific idea of how you want to display your data (which is fine!), but sometimes showing a familiar style helps the reader too.
    Providing nextRAD genotyping and PacBio sequencing services. http://snpsaurus.com

    Comment

    • Asaf
      Member
      • Jul 2014
      • 20

      #3
      Look at iTOL help page under "Uploading and working with your own trees" to display bars. I think the only way to mark a group is by coloring it. After you upload the tree click on "Define color ranges" and manually color each node.

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
      0 responses
      11 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      34 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      28 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      48 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...