Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Meme analysis on several Fasta files

I'm not sure if anyone can help but the last time I ask for help people were stellar at responding so hopefully people will be just as amazing as last time.

So just to set up the story a bit I've been set a task to build a computer running a linux based OS (so i pick ubuntu as it as a GUI thats pretty friendly) that can run meme and or cuda-meme to perform perform motif analysis on fasta files contain sequences that are approximately 40 bp long each.

Now good news i've managed to set up both meme and cuda-meme as well as run them successfully on numerous data sets.

What I now want to do is batch process it, I'm not 100% skilled when it comes to coding but I think thats what its called.

What I'd like to do is either have a script or terminal input that will take all the fasta files I have in a particular folder and perform motif analysis on them but to only do one at a time. I know the full command I need for each file but If i just type them in they'll all run at the same time, is there something i can add at the end of a line so it'll finish one and then move onto the next?

I've tried googling it as it's more of a coding thing but my understanding is pretty poor...

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
  • seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-25-2024, 11:49 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
0 responses