Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are two flags that I'm using that are not in your command.
    --no-snps
    suppresses calling SNPs, because for CRISPR analysis you don't really care about them
    and
    --use-duplicate-reads
    I have a feeling that this one is what you need. When next-gen sequencing amplicons most of your reads are going to be duplicates, simply because you are sequencing identical amplicons. You need to keep these in to get proper depth for the analysis. Make sure your alignment pipeline is not removing duplicates, and use the above flag in freebayes to make sure the indel analysis is using them.

Comment

Originally posted by alexholman View Post
      There are two flags that I'm using that are not in your command.
      --no-snps
      suppresses calling SNPs, because for CRISPR analysis you don't really care about them
      and
      --use-duplicate-reads
      I have a feeling that this one is what you need. When next-gen sequencing amplicons most of your reads are going to be duplicates, simply because you are sequencing identical amplicons. You need to keep these in to get proper depth for the analysis. Make sure your alignment pipeline is not removing duplicates, and use the above flag in freebayes to make sure the indel analysis is using them.
      I just tried with two additional parameters on the command line, and the result is still the same as my early command line's results. Just let you know that my paired-end reads (250bp) is completed overlap with each other along the amplicons sequences region. I used the BWA-MEM aligned them with genomic reference hg38-chr5.fa only.

here is the samtools flaystat info:

-bash-4.1$ samtools flagstat test_clean.sorted.bam
      18255 + 0 in total (QC-passed reads + QC-failed reads)
      0 + 0 duplicates
      18243 + 0 mapped (99.93%:-nan%)
      18255 + 0 paired in sequencing
      9104 + 0 read1
      9151 + 0 read2
      0 + 0 properly paired (0.00%:-nan%)
      18231 + 0 with itself and mate mapped
      12 + 0 singletons (0.07%:-nan%)
      0 + 0 with mate mapped to a different chr
      0 + 0 with mate mapped to a different chr (mapQ>=5)

you can see there is no properly paired in the sample.
      Thanks

R

Comment

You have a different number of read 1 and read 2. It looks like the pairing got corrupted in preprocessing, which would explain why none are proper pairs. You should reprocess the raw reads using both files at the same time, and only pair-aware tools such as BBDuk, to keep the order intact. Then remap. And if you are interested in indels, I suggest using BBMap for mapping. Alternately, if the pairs are all supposed to overlap, you can get more accurate indel calls by merging them first and mapping the merged reads rather than mapping them as pairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Bushnell View Post
          You have a different number of read 1 and read 2. It looks like the pairing got corrupted in preprocessing, which would explain why none are proper pairs. You should reprocess the raw reads using both files at the same time, and only pair-aware tools such as BBDuk, to keep the order intact. Then remap. And if you are interested in indels, I suggest using BBMap for mapping. Alternately, if the pairs are all supposed to overlap, you can get more accurate indel calls by merging them first and mapping the merged reads rather than mapping them as pairs.
          The fastq files have low quality scores and contamination and I used the fastx-toolkit to trimmed some of reads base on the quality scores. The results of PE reads are not matched. I will use BBDuk tool to make PE reads match again, and realigning them with bwa-mem.

You suggested to use "merged" two reads into one fastq file and map them as single-end reads. I am not sure that freebayes software will work with the single-end reads file.

Thanks

R

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
            04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
          • seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
          0 responses