Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Seqanswers!

Welcome to the new Seqanswers! We'd love your feedback, please post any you have to this topic: New Seqanswers Feedback.
See more
See less

replacing read id in bam file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing read id in bam file

Hi everybody,

I'd like to replace the sequence id for a huge alignment file in .bam format.
    I'd rather avoid using the sam format as it would be around 250GB of data, instead I'd like to use samtools c api (writesam/writebam).

I couldn't find much documentation on how to use this library, does anyone know if there is any quick way to replace the read id? I know that the read id is stored in a bam1_t->data array but I cannot understand how to set/replace it.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Originally posted by blu78 View Post
    Hi everybody,

I'd like to replace the sequence id for a huge alignment file in .bam format.
    I'd rather avoid using the sam format as it would be around 250GB of data, instead I'd like to use samtools c api (writesam/writebam).

I couldn't find much documentation on how to use this library, does anyone know if there is any quick way to replace the read id? I know that the read id is stored in a bam1_t->data array but I cannot understand how to set/replace it.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Modifying that portion is a bit of a pain using the C API since you have to resize the array etc. I would suggest using the Java API (or PERL or Python API) to replace the read name. It will be much easier, and with Java, almost as fast.

Comment

Originally posted by nilshomer View Post
      Modifying that portion is a bit of a pain using the C API since you have to resize the array etc. I would suggest using the Java API (or PERL or Python API) to replace the read name. It will be much easier, and with Java, almost as fast.

OK I will try and do that. Thanks a lot for the help

Comment

Working...
      X