No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to download hg19?

Dear All

I am wondering where to download hg19 reference files. I need to map my illumina reads to hg19 by using BWA.

All your help will be appreciated.

-C

I get my references from UCSC.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks, Thaley, I just found that page two. Here is a question, how to use twoBitToFa to convert hg19.2bit to hg19.fa?

I just tried

./twoBitToFa hg19.2bit hg19.fa

but it said "Floating point exception"..

Comment

Hmm.. You followed the directions on UCSC for the tool - build the source, etc?

Honestly, I got my references in .fa format before they started using this 2bit format. Sorry I can't be more help.

Off hand, I would double check the downloaded file to make sure it's not truncated and be sure the source for 2bit is building successfully.

...or if someone knows of an alternate location to get the .fa files, that would be the easiest.

Comment

Try this one its one file per chromo

Comment

Aleferna

Thanks, I have that one too. I am thinking of trying

cat chr*.fa > hg19.fa

But I am just not sure whether this concatenated hg19.fa is different from the one converted from hg19.2bit...

Comment

it should be the same, but check if they have the M chromosome and the haploids, that, I'm not sure, you might have to separate those before doing the cat.

Comment

I used the 1000 genomes hg19 reference sequence from:

ftp://ftp.sanger.ac.uk/pub/1000genom...k_v37.fasta.gz

They already have the haplotype chromosomes removed.

Comment

mard:

Thanks for your response! Is this 1000 genome hg19 reference sequence different from that one from UCSC? All the files I have been using were downloaded from UCSC and I hope there won't be any discrepancy between those different versions of hg19.

Thanks

-C

Comment

Hi cliff,

according to ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1...k_v37.fasta.gz the 1000 genomes hg19 reference was built as follows:

10th October 2009

Here are the steps used to produce this version of the human reference sequence to be used for the
                    main production project of the 1000 Genomes.

1. Download individual chrs from ensembl ftp

ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/current_fa...o_sapiens/dna/

2. Download the newer version of the MT (NC_012920) from:

3. Create a reference with chrs1-22, X, Y, NC_012920 MT, and include the non-chromosomal supercontigs. The new single fasta is posted:

ftp://ftp.sanger.ac.uk/pub/1000genom...ect_reference/
                    UCSC states in http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgGateway:
                    Note on chrM
                    Since the release of the UCSC hg19 assembly, the Homo sapiens mitochondrion sequence (represented as "chrM" in the Genome Browser) has been replaced in GenBank with the record NC_012920. We have not replaced the original sequence, NC_001807, in the hg19 Genome Browser. We plan to use the Revised Cambridge Reference Sequence (rCRS) in the next human assembly release.
                    Besides UCSC's older version of the mitochondrion sequence and in the included haploids, the 1000 genomes reference should be identical to UCSC.

Cheers

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Understanding Genetic Influence on Infectious Disease
                      by seqadmin

During the COVID-19 pandemic, scientists observed that while some individuals experienced severe illness when infected with SARS-CoV-2, others were barely affected. These disparities left researchers and clinicians wondering what causes the wide variations in response to viral infections and what role genetics plays.

Jean-Laurent Casanova, M.D., Ph.D., Professor at Rockefeller University, is a leading expert in this crossover between genetics and infectious...
                      09-09-2024, 10:59 AM
                    • seqadmin
                      Addressing Off-Target Effects in CRISPR Technologies
                      by seqadmin

The first FDA-approved CRISPR-based therapy marked the transition of therapeutic gene editing from a dream to reality1. CRISPR technologies have streamlined gene editing, and CRISPR screens have become an important approach for identifying genes involved in disease processes2. This technique introduces targeted mutations across numerous genes, enabling large-scale identification of gene functions, interactions, and pathways3. Identifying the full range...
                      08-27-2024, 04:44 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, Today, 06:25 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 01:02 PM
                    0 responses