• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helena_s
    started a topic interpreting RNAplfold output

interpreting RNAplfold output

Hi SEQanswers community,
    I am using RNAplfold to get the probability of binding sites being single stranded, and got stuck trying to interpret the output _lunp files, and I can't find documentation on this format. As I understand, using the -u flag with the length of the binding motif should give me information on accessibility of all k-mers of the given length (probability of being single stranded). I used -u 5 to get 5-mer accessibility, which apparently generates 5 columns per position in the sequence. How do I interpret the numbers in the columns?

My guess is that the number of the column represents where this position is in the k-mer, so each column will represent a different k-mer containing this nucleotide. Which would mean that column 1 for position 1 represents the same k-mer as column 2 for position 2. So, to get the accessibility of a certain k-mer, I would guess that the values need to be averaged across the diagonals, so to say. However, I'm not sure if I'm interpreting these files right. Sometimes I get very different numbers between position 1, column 1 and position 2, column 2, and so on, and I would expect them to be more similar if my assumption was right. Anyone who can help me with how to interpret this?

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Exploring Human Diversity Through Large-Scale Omics
    by seqadmin

In 2003, researchers from the Human Genome Project (HGP) announced the most comprehensive genome to date1. Although the genome wasn’t fully completed until nearly 20 years later2, numerous large-scale projects, such as the International HapMap Project and 1000 Genomes Project, continued the HGP's work, capturing extensive variation and genomic diversity within humans. Recently, newer initiatives have significantly increased in scale and expanded beyond genomics, offering a more detailed...
    Today, 06:43 AM
  • seqadmin
    Best Practices for Single-Cell Sequencing Analysis
    by seqadmin

While isolating and preparing single cells for sequencing was historically the bottleneck, recent technological advancements have shifted the challenge to data analysis. This highlights the rapidly evolving nature of single-cell sequencing. The inherent complexity of single-cell analysis has intensified with the surge in data volume and the incorporation of diverse and more complex datasets. This article explores the challenges in analysis, examines common pitfalls, offers...
    06-06-2024, 07:15 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 06-21-2024, 07:49 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 06-20-2024, 07:23 AM
0 responses