No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highly Inflated DE Result using Several Linear Models

Dear Colleagues,

I'm working on a disease treatment study. I got RNA-seq samples of cell-line from 7 patients and 7 normal persons (both consist of 3 males and 4 females). Each individual was given with 3 different treatments including a vehicle control. So that I got 42 RNA libraries in all.

I tried several linear models. In DESeq2 and Limma I used a design to compare between and within groups, which looks like:
    Expression ~ Genotype + Genotype:Individual.nested + Genotype:Treatment

As I got 42 samples, I think I'm kind of having enough observations to estimate variance in a normal way, instead of using the assumption that genes with similar expression levels would have similar dispersions. So I also tried a mixed model using lme4 package, and using batches and indivduals as random effects. It was built by LMM instead of GLMM:
    Expression ~ Genotype*Gender*Treatment + (1|Batch) + (1|Individual)

When I calculated contrasts (i.e. Treatment A effect on Normal), all these models gave highly inflated raw p values (more than 8000 significant genes). Limma and DESeq2 results had a >95% overlap and they had a > 65% overlap with lme4. This doesn't make sense for me not just because of the p value distribution. Treatment A is a proved treatment on patient. This contrast, which test for its off-target on normal people, turned out a shocked result.

I'm pretty sure the contrast was done in a correct way, involving the correct beta's. Any suggestion is really appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
    by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
    05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
  • seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 05-09-2024, 02:46 PM
0 responses