Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • donquijotes
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2015
    • 7

    #1

    dbSNP database for just NA12878

    So I may be completely wrong here but please correct me since I'm mostly used to doing RNA splicing analysis.

    I have sequenced sheared DNA from about 10 NA12878 cells using Illumina and a library prep that uses a non proof reading polymerase so we expect it to introduce lots of errors even early on. What I would like to do is figure out how many false positives it gives me (Allele frequency of >=15%.
    To do that I need the NA12878 ref genome, and it's dbSNP database for heterozygous loci. Right? If I just align to NA12878 then the het loci that are endogenous "SNPs" would look as false positives. Where can I find the NA12878 specific dbSNP?

    If there is another more logical way of doing this analysis please feel free to call me out.

    Thank you!
  • donquijotes
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2015
    • 7

    #2
    I've actually found this thread that might help.

    Discussion of next-gen sequencing related bioinformatics: resources, algorithms, open source efforts, etc

    Two files that I found useful:

    ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1...populations.md
    shows the population that the vcf files came from. The NA12878 should be the CEU CEPH Utah residents (CEPH) with Northern and Western European ancestry

    ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1.../2010_07/trio/
    has all the different datasets

    If someone else has better options or suggestions please let me know

    Comment

    • sklages
      Senior Member
      • May 2008
      • 628

      #3
      This might be interesting for you: http://www.illumina.com/platinumgenomes/

      Comment

      • donquijotes
        Junior Member
        • Jul 2015
        • 7

        #4
        Thank you sklages! It looks that people update these files frequently so the databases should be way better than the 2010 version the 1000genomes pilot study offers.

        Comment

        • HESmith
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2009
          • 512

          #5
          Note that some of your false-positives will be alignment artifacts rather than polymerase errors. If it's important to discriminate those classes, see this paper.

          Comment

          • donquijotes
            Junior Member
            • Jul 2015
            • 7

            #6
            HESmith, That was a fantastic paper, thank you for sharing!

            Comment

            Latest Articles

            Collapse

            • SEQadmin2
              New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
              by SEQadmin2


              Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

              We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
              ...
              Yesterday, 10:25 AM
            • SEQadmin2
              How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
              by SEQadmin2




              The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

              This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
              09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

            ad_right_rmr

            Collapse

            News

            Collapse

            Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
            0 responses
            9 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
            0 responses
            32 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
            0 responses
            27 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
            1 response
            47 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Working...