Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@warren
    I think you misunderstood and that we are agreeing. Maybe I wasn't clear but I was trying to say if a read was mapped in first pass to the wrong location or incorrectly aligned (i.e. with mismatches when it should have had an indel) then it will stay that way as it doesn't get to the unmapped file.
    Using Bowtie(ungapped) then Novoalign and you'll have this problem.
    Using Novoalign/Novoalign with a low threshold on the first pass is OK and will produce the same results as just one run at high threshold.
    BWA as first aligner should be fine as it has low false positive rate.

Comment

I think Heng Li and krobison have it right. You need to take more than the unmapped reads, you need to take pairs that are not properly aligned and alignments with the number of mismatches or score above some limit. The limit will depend on the first aligner used.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
      0 responses