Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Marisa_Miller
    Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 34

    #1

    BFAST memory error in postprocess

    Hello, I have a set of 85-bp long solexa reads and I have already used BFAST match, local align, an postprocess (with -a 3 option) successfully.

    I am now trying to filter the multi reads using the -a 4 option and am getting a memory error message.

    This is the command I am using:

    /bfast postprocess -f /filepath/TAIR9_chr_all.fas -i /filepath/bfast.aligned.split1_1_ZT0.baf -a 4 -O 1 > /filepath/bfast.reported.split1_1_ZT0.sam

    This is the error message I am getting:

    **********************************************************
    Checking input parameters supplied by the user ...
    Validating fastaFileName /filepath/TAIR9_chr_all.fas.
    Validating alignFileName /filepath/bfast.aligned.split1.baf.
    Input arguments look good!
    **********************************************************
    **********************************************************
    Printing Program Parameters:
    programMode: [ExecuteProgram]
    fastaFileName: /filepath/TAIR9_chr_all.fas
    alignFileName: /filepath/bfast.aligned.split1.baf
    algorithm: [Best Score All]
    space: [NT Space]
    unpaired: [Not Using]
    reversePaired: [Not Using]
    avgMismatchQuality: 10
    scoringMatrixFileName: [Not Using]
    randomBest: [Not Using]
    minMappingQuality: -2147483648
    minNormalizedScore: -2147483648
    pairingStandardDeviation: 2.000000
    gappedPairingRescue [Not Using]
    numThreads: 1
    queueLength: 50000
    outputFormat: [SAM]
    outputID: [Not Using]
    RGFileName: [Not Using]
    timing: [Not Using]
    ************************************************************
    ************************************************************
    Reading in reference genome from /filepath/TAIR9_chr_all.fas.nt.brg.
    In total read 7 contigs for a total of 119667750 bases
    ************************************************************
    Postprocessing...
    ************************************************************
    In function "AlignedEntryRead": Fatal Error[MallocMemory]. Variable/Value: a->alnRead.
    Message: Could not allocate memory.
    ***** Exiting due to errors *****

    This is the message I am getting with just this specific file. With other split file I am getting the message "line 3: 1182 Segmentation fault" (although the line is different depending on the file)

    I cannot figure out what this means and would appreciate any advice!

    Thanks,
    Marisa
    Last edited by Marisa_Miller; 09-17-2010, 10:58 AM.
  • nilshomer
    Nils Homer
    • Nov 2008
    • 1283

    #2
    Try posting a test case to the bfast help mailing list ([email protected]). I would be happy to help over there.

    Comment

    • Marisa_Miller
      Member
      • Aug 2010
      • 34

      #3
      I am not sure if this could be the problem, but it may be that I did all the other processing with version d and I am now using version e for the step in my above post? I will try doing everything with the new version for just one of my 12 libraries to see if it works.

      Comment

      • drio
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2008
        • 323

        #4
        It could be. Use definitely the latest version. If you still have the problem send over some data so the bug can be track down.
        -drd

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          Yesterday, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
        0 responses
        7 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        31 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        26 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        46 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...