Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DeDeoxys
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2018
    • 1

    #1

    Differential Expression Analysis

    I am working with novel RNAseq data from a type of grass whose genome has not yet been completely sequenced or annotated. I have a number of FASTQ files with RNAseq data from different parts of the plant and am trying to conduct a differential expression analysis of these files. I was planning to use the DEGseq package in R to conduct the analysis, but from what I understand, this requires me to map the reads to an index to ultimately convert them to the .bed format and I would also need a reference genome file in the ucsc refFlat format. Since this plant genome has not even been sequenced, these files are unavailable, so I thought to map the reads to the genome of brachypodium distachyon, which is a model organism for grasses. I was able to create an index through bowtie using the genome from phytozome, but I have not been able to find a reference file for brachypodium in the reFlat or GTF format. Is there any way to convert to or create a reference file in the GTF or refFlat format, and am I even on the right track to conduct differential expression analysis on these files?
    I also have access to the original RNA assembly data which came from an illumina HiSeq. I'm not sure if this would be helpful.
  • ASintsova
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2018
    • 2

    #2
    I don't know much about plants, but it sounds like you might want to try to build de novo transcriptome assembly - https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...14662817301032

    Comment

    • gringer
      David Eccles (gringer)
      • May 2011
      • 845

      #3
      Use supertranscripts as your reference genome:

      Building SuperTranscripts: A linear representation of transcriptome data - Oshlack/Lace


      Trinity RNA-Seq de novo transcriptome assembly. Contribute to trinityrnaseq/trinityrnaseq development by creating an account on GitHub.

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        Yesterday, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      29 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      24 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      46 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
      1 response
      55 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...