X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nilshomer
    replied
    Originally posted by lh3 View Post
    . I know it is trivial to convert SAM/BAM to MVF, but given the large amount of data (maybe >1TB data), most users would prefer viewing the alignment directly rather than duplicate them again.
    I have to reiterate the point lh3 is making. SAM/BAM format would be great if you could support it, since even people outside of 1000 genomes have generated 100's of GBs of data in SAM/BAM. Also, paired end info, indels, quality scores, complex references, and the ability to add arbitrary annotation and post-alignment "tracks" (maybe interact with a backend database?) would be the killer application.

Leave a comment:

• bioinfosm
    replied
    congrats baohua!
    It would be great if you could keep a running log of changes for newer versions

Leave a comment:

• baohua100
    replied
    The paper is published on Bioinformaitcs.

MapView: visualization of short reads alignment on a desktop computer

Leave a comment:

• lparsons
    replied
    I ran the software on Windows, and was able to get it running. However, after converting a MAQ alignment to MVF, when I load the MVF file, I get an error:

Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

Leave a comment:

• lparsons
    replied
    I tried to run MapView using Mono on a Mac OS X 10.5. It started, displayed the window briefly, the crashed with this error:

System.NotImplementedException: The requested feature is not implemented.
    at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUICarbon.get_CursorSize () [0x00000]
    at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI.get_CursorSize () [0x00000]
    at System.Windows.Forms.SystemInformation.get_CursorSize () [0x00000]
    at MapView.Form1.abmmeKAlo (System.Object , System.EventArgs ) [0x00000]
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000]
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoadInternal (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000]
    Segmentation fault

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• baohua100
    replied
    Thanks for your reply! MapView 3.1.2 only support for visualization of ungapped alignment. We will add the function of gapped and spliced alignment later.

Originally posted by garwuf View Post
    First, I would like to thank you guys for this useful tool. I have tried it on several datasets and found its performance to be more than adequate. I have one question: I have noticed that the viewer handles the alignments as ungapped even if I feed it with gapped ones (like soap1 or seqmap outputs). Actually, the very nature of input information for the viewer suggests that it positions only the first base of a read against reference sequence, but not every base. So, I wonder if you have any plans to make Mapview to visualize indels?

Leave a comment:

• baohua100
    replied
    Thanks! bioinform! Sorry, there is not a command-line version using x-windows now.

Originally posted by bioinfosm View Post
    Thanks baohua.
    Whats the changelog? Is there a command-line version using x-windows maybe?

Leave a comment:

• garwuf
    replied
    indels

First, I would like to thank you guys for this useful tool. I have tried it on several datasets and found its performance to be more than adequate. I have one question: I have noticed that the viewer handles the alignments as ungapped even if I feed it with gapped ones (like soap1 or seqmap outputs). Actually, the very nature of input information for the viewer suggests that it positions only the first base of a read against reference sequence, but not every base. So, I wonder if you have any plans to make Mapview to visualize indels?

Leave a comment:

• bioinfosm
    replied
    Thanks baohua.
    Whats the changelog? Is there a command-line version using x-windows maybe?

Leave a comment:

• baohua100
    replied
    MapView 3.1.2 is released!

If you have some suggestions or bugs, please post here! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• WJW-Davy
    replied
    Welcome to test MapView 3.1.0.0

MapView is quick and using small memory. Good performance.

MapView is based on .NET Framework. You can try it on Windows (with .NET 2.0 or higher) and Linux (with Mono 2.0 or higher).

Welcome to test MapView 3.1.0.0

Download: http://evolution.sysu.edu.cn/mapview/
    Last edited by WJW-Davy; 04-07-2009, 06:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WJW-Davy
    replied
    MapView 3.0 beta1 is being tested...

MapView 3.0 beta2 is being tested.
    MapView 3.0 has improved much. Quality Score, Paired-end data, structure variation, coverage distribution, quality distribution, text quick view, zoom in/out, and other features are supported.
    Last edited by WJW-Davy; 05-05-2009, 04:37 AM. Reason: add jpg

Leave a comment:

• lh3
    replied
    This sounds very promising! I just wonder if you are interested in natively supporting the SAM/BAM format. I think the 1000genomes project has already released some alignments in the BAM format and yet more to come in the next few months. I know it is trivial to convert SAM/BAM to MVF, but given the large amount of data (maybe >1TB data), most users would prefer viewing the alignment directly rather than duplicate them again. BAM is also compressed and indexable, and supports indels and long alignments. Sorry if this sounds like promoting projects related to myself.

Leave a comment:

• guohui
    replied
    To Aengus,

Next version of MapView is in debugging period and will be available soon. The new version will support the display of quality score and pair-end data.

Leave a comment:

• Aengus
    replied
    Hi guys,

Just after a quick update.

Is the display of quality scores now in the download? The main page still says that the version is 1.0

Regards
    Aengus

Leave a comment:

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
    by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
    05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
  • seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 02:46 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 05-07-2024, 06:57 AM
0 responses