Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Seqanswers!

Welcome to the new Seqanswers! We'd love your feedback, please post any you have to this topic: New Seqanswers Feedback.
See more
See less

visualizing scripture output BED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visualizing scripture output BED

Hi,

I'm working through an analysis with Scripture for the first time.

I've been able to generate a bed and dot file. UCSC does not seem like this BED file.

I was able to find this suggestion that scripture includes a gff converter:

http://molecularevolution.org/resour...pture_activity

java -Xmx1000m -jar <path_to_scripture>/scripture.jar -task toGFF -cufflinks -in scripture.t0.bed -source SCRIPTURE -out scripture.t0.gtf -prefix t0

but... this toGFF function does not seem to be described in the scripture documentation, and does not seem to work for me either.

Any suggestions? All I am really trying to do is to get this into UCSC so I can quickly assess how things look. Scripture suggests IGV browser which I suppose I could also use.

thanks!

What happens when you try upload the .bed file to the UCSC browser?

Comment

error message

I get this:

Code:
      File 'allScores.bed' - Unrecognized format line 1 of custom track: chr1	199	249	chr1:199-249	0.0	*	199	249	0,0,0	1	50,	0,	1.0	0.3684297339584846	1.0	0.02 3.1075660687968516	0.0542844351489113	50.0	1.0 (note: chrom names are case sensitive)
      thoughts? Maybe I need some sort of header?

generally the scripture documentation seems somewhat half written, unless I am missing something?

Comment

fyi, the chromosome name is fine... (no caps problem there)

Comment

Hi,

I have been able to open bed files in UCSC Genome browser using Scripture-beta2 version and this type of command:

java -Xmx2000m -jar scripture-beta2.jar -task extractDot -in Segmentation_Results/chr1.scriptureESTest.segments.graph.post.add.pairs.dot -chr chr1 -start 6235241 -end 6239548 -out chr1_6235241-6239548.dot

It gives a dot file and a bed file for the indicated region of the chromosome.
          Hope this help !

Emilie
          Last edited by Emilie; 01-26-2011, 05:57 AM.

Comment

.bed files don't require a header, but you can include one. Bed format instructions:
            http://genome.ucsc.edu/FAQ/FAQformat#format1
            I think you have too many columns in your file. Can you post the first few lines from your file, exactly as written in the file?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisbala View Post
              Hi,

I'm working through an analysis with Scripture for the first time.

I've been able to generate a bed and dot file. UCSC does not seem like this BED file.

I was able to find this suggestion that scripture includes a gff converter:

http://molecularevolution.org/resour...pture_activity

java -Xmx1000m -jar <path_to_scripture>/scripture.jar -task toGFF -cufflinks -in scripture.t0.bed -source SCRIPTURE -out scripture.t0.gtf -prefix t0

but... this toGFF function does not seem to be described in the scripture documentation, and does not seem to work for me either.

Any suggestions? All I am really trying to do is to get this into UCSC so I can quickly assess how things look. Scripture suggests IGV browser which I suppose I could also use.

thanks!
              Would you tell me that how can you transfer the bed file from scripture to gtf file please?

Comment

Working...
              X