Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mcetin
    started a topic Bcftools Mpileup bias for alternative alleles?

    Bcftools Mpileup bias for alternative alleles?

    I have called snps from a bam file using the below commands:

    Code:
    /usr/local/sw/bcftools-1.9/bcftools mpileup -f /mnt/NEOGENE2/share/ref/genomes/hsa/hs37d5.fa -I /mnt/NEOGENE2/share/dna/hsa/comparative_seqs/lazaridis2014/Loschbour.hg19_1000g.dq.bam.hs37d5.fa.cons.90perc.bam -R /mnt/NAS/projects/2018_MCetin_Selection/imputation/Genomic_Hist_SE_Europe/new225_fixed_chr21.bed -q 30 -Q 30 -o Loschbour_ori_chr21_bcftools.bcf
    
    /usr/local/sw/bcftools-1.9/bcftools call -mV indels Loschbour_ori_chr21_bcftools.bcf > Loschbour_ori_chr21_bcftools.vcf

    Then I calculated the percentage of reference and alternative alleles that are in the vcf file. I got

    0/0 10019

    0/1 3412

    1/1 3281

    % ref= 70.1591670656

    % alt= 29.8408329344

    The ratio of alt alleles seem too high to me, since when I do the same thing with GATK Unified genotyper or haplotype caller, I get 5% alternative, which is I think more in line with the expectations from population genetics (Most positions should be reference)

    Has Anyone seen this before?

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    09-28-2026, 10:25 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 11:14 AM
0 responses
8 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
54 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Working...