Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Seqanswers!

Welcome to the new Seqanswers! We'd love your feedback, please post any you have to this topic: New Seqanswers Feedback.
See more
See less

Scaffolding Translational mapping (STM) - velvet assembly summary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scaffolding Translational mapping (STM) - velvet assembly summary?

Hello,

Has anyone used STM [http://genome.cshlp.org/content/early/2010/08/30/gr.103846.109.abstract[/URL] for velvet assembly summaries?

I am trying to use it and have issues (St9bad_alloc) with multiple-k method - cd-est. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

Hi Canadian.

We have tried this method and have had good results with the multiple-K (still not able to get the actual STM part to work, may be a problem with biopython?). For cd-hit-est, you have to install it separately. If you google "cd-hit-v4.3-2010-10-25.tgz" it should pull up the address for the tarball download. One thing that we also did was to run Velvet-Oases prior to the multiple K. I think the Oases step is better to include if you're doing a transcriptome (I'm assuming this if you're interested in the STM method). Are you going to also try the STM method?

Cheers!

Comment

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. You are right, I am trying to use STM for transcriptome assembly. I have assemblies from Velvet/oases and I am trying to use that to run the cd-hit-est and multiple-k method. My files are like this :
      /home/deepthi/All_kmers_fasta --> has contigs_25.fa contigs_29.fa contigs_31.fa Lane5_velvet_assembled_27.fa Lane678_velvet_seq_27.fa #contigs obtained from different k mers from velvet/oases#
      My command-line is:
      /home/deepthi/cd-hit-est -i /home/deepthi/All_kmers_fasta -o /home/deepthi/All_kmers_fasta_clus -c 0.9 -n 5 -M 800

Error looks like this :
      \"Apprixmated maximum memory consumption: 593M
      writing new database

Fatal Error:
      file opening failed
      Program halted !!

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File \"/usr/local/software/STM/multiple-K.py\", line 84, in
      <module>
      os.remove(\'%s.bak.clstr\'%outfile)
      OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
      \'/home/deepthi/All_kmers_fasta.bak.clstr\'

Multiple-k method with this line doesn't seem to work either : sudo /usr/local/software/STM/multiple-K.py -d /home/deepthi/All_kmers_fasta -o /home/deepthi/All_kmers_fasta -v

The first part using the reference genome worked -- was that your question?

Comment

Working...
      X