Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rudi283
    Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 27

    #1

    coverage and SNP detection

    Hi,

    I was wondering if there is a standard rule about coverage and SNP detection. How many reads (paired end) do I need to be able to say that's a SNP. I heard that need to be above 30 but I'm a bit confused. Does that mean that if I've got for example 15 I can't say it's a SNP?
    I was wondering as wel if I can say it's a SNP when for example all forward reads have the change but non of the reverse reads (reads in pairs)- what does it mean?
    The same if for example coverage is 60 but the reads are only from the same direction-reads from the other direction don't reach that point. Can I say it's a SNP?

    Please help
    Thanks!

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    Today, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
27 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
24 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
45 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
1 response
55 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...