Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChiP-seq and RNA-seq

I was wondering if anyone has done both ChIP-seq and RNA-seqand observed that while you have a DNA binding site inside the gene or on the promoter region of a gene, but the gene expression did not change according to RNA-seq.

Ruling out bad data what other explanations would reconcile this?

There's lots of non-functional protein binding to DNA, just see almost any critique of the ENCODE papers for examples.

Comment

Hi,

I would like to connect transcription factors binding sites with RNA data.
      As a approximation I would like to take promoters and other things such as gene bodies, introns e.t.s. and map localization of TF for set of gens expressed in mt samples.
      I was surprised to find that cufflinks output does not contain strand information.
      Without it it's difficult to interpret the data. Interestingly, in the merged GTF file they do, but in final files with expression data - they don't. So, how to glue one to another given that they have unique ID ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Comment

If I recall correctly, cufflinks/cuffmerge will only contain strand information if you use (and tell it/them that you used) a stranded library. If not, it has no way to determine strand.

Comment

no strands in cufflnks

Thank you for you reply.

Yes, of course It is stranded.
          I have strand informatin in the merged GTF file.
          I do not have strands in the resulted file that contains ratios.
          I will double check if number of entities is the same in merged GTF and results.

Comment

Originally posted by dpryan View Post
            There's lots of non-functional protein binding to DNA, just see almost any critique of the ENCODE papers for examples.
            This is regarding my original question.

What If I find consensus sequences in that region yet still no differential gene expression. So the consensus would imply that this site is preferred by the transcription factor but is still inactive?

I can't rationalize why a transcription factor would be sitting on a promoter region and not affecting transcription.

Where do you find the critiques?

Comment

The presence of a consensus sequence just slightly increases the probability of functionality a bit. Biologically speaking, you need much more than a single transcription factor to have transcription. Firstly, you need accessibility for the rest of the transcriptional machinery (so if you TF doesn't pull in the machinery to do that, then its binding won't do much). Then there's cofactor availability, regulation of other subunits of the transcriptional machinery, etc. There are a lot of moving parts and potential targets for regulation in transcription (not to mention mRNA degradation).

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Latest Developments in Precision Medicine
                by seqadmin

Technological advances have led to drastic improvements in the field of precision medicine, enabling more personalized approaches to treatment. This article explores four leading groups that are overcoming many of the challenges of genomic profiling and precision medicine through their innovative platforms and technologies.

Somatic Genomics
                “We have such a tremendous amount of genetic diversity that exists within each of us, and not just between us as individuals,”...
                05-24-2024, 01:16 PM
              • seqadmin
                Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
                by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
                05-06-2024, 07:48 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:55 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 05-30-2024, 03:16 PM
              0 responses