Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • alebueno
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2014
    • 4

    #1

    the hell

    Hi people. I am having a problem with bwa. I am trying to align fastq file to a reference genome. I've also indexed the reference genome. I went to the directory where my fastq files are and when I " bwa aln reference_genome.fna my_file.fastq" i got the following warning.

    [bwa_seq_open] fail to open file my_file.fastq : No such file or directory

    The file is in the directory, it exist for true and I am seeing it there, and I am calling it from the correct path.

    What's the problem, could you guys give an answer?
  • westerman
    Rick Westerman
    • Jun 2008
    • 1104

    #2
    Originally posted by alebueno View Post
    The file is in the directory, it exist for true and I am seeing it there, and I am calling it from the correct path.
    Well, we don't see it. How about an 'ls -l' and perhaps a 'pwd' for us to chew on.

    Comment

    • Brian Bushnell
      Super Moderator
      • Jan 2014
      • 2709

      #3
      Also, try using an absolute path to the file.

      Comment

      • alebueno
        Junior Member
        • Dec 2014
        • 4

        #4
        Ok. The file I am trying to align has the name "Bac5_S5_L001_R1_001.fastq" and is not being recognized.

        The ls -l has the following output


        lgmmicrorganismo@lgmmicrorganismo-To-be-filled-by-O-E-M:~/Projeto_Cviolaceum/2015/fechamento_gap$ ls -l
        total 2200020
        -rwxrwxrwx 1 lgmmicrorganismo lgmmicrorganismo 1120717011 Nov 4 16:28 Bac5_S5_L001_R1_001.fastq
        -rwxrwxrwx 1 lgmmicrorganismo lgmmicrorganismo 1118949615 Nov 4 16:29 Bac5_S5_L001_R2_001.fastq
        -rw-rw-r-- 1 lgmmicrorganismo lgmmicrorganismo 4810547 Jan 14 15:32 GCF_000007705.1_ASM770v1_genomic.fna (2)
        -rw-rw-r-- 1 lgmmicrorganismo lgmmicrorganismo 12 Jan 14 15:33 GCF_000007705.1_ASM770v1_genomic.fna (2).amb
        -rw-rw-r-- 1 lgmmicrorganismo lgmmicrorganismo 104 Jan 14 15:33 GCF_000007705.1_ASM770v1_genomic.fna (2).ann
        -rw-rw-r-- 1 lgmmicrorganismo lgmmicrorganismo 4751164 Jan 14 15:33 GCF_000007705.1_ASM770v1_genomic.fna (2).bwt
        -rw-rw-r-- 1 lgmmicrorganismo lgmmicrorganismo 1187772 Jan 14 15:33 GCF_000007705.1_ASM770v1_genomic.fna (2).pac
        -rw-rw-r-- 1 lgmmicrorganismo lgmmicrorganismo 2375592 Jan 14 15:33 GCF_000007705.1_ASM770v1_genomic.fna (2).sa
        -rw-rw-r-- 1 lgmmicrorganismo lgmmicrorganismo 73 Jan 9 13:03 library_bac5.txt~

        Comment

        • alebueno
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2014
          • 4

          #5
          Yes. After I giving the full path it worked. Thank you.

          Comment

          Latest Articles

          Collapse

          • SEQadmin2
            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
            by SEQadmin2


            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
            ...
            09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
          • SEQadmin2
            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
            by SEQadmin2




            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

          ad_right_rmr

          Collapse

          News

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
          0 responses
          12 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
          0 responses
          34 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          28 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          48 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Working...