Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jaime Eyzaguirre
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2010
    • 1

    #1

    Greetings

    I am a newcomer to the field of sequencing with advanced technology. I do not own and do not plan to own 454 or Illumina equipment, but I want to use this technology (by contracting services) in order to get the genome sequence of a fungus.
    My fungus (Penicillium purpurogenum) has a genome of about 21.2 Mbp (according to electrophoretic karyotype). I have been told that with 454 technology I can obtain a rough sequence of good enough quality to allow me to make gene searches (using peptide sequence data obtained by MS or from similar sequences from databases).
    I have contacted some providers who perform the sequencing process. However, I have a question concerning the alignment of the raw data. Do I have to cotract this too? Is there public domain software that can be used for this purpose?
    I look forward to suggestions and comments.

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
0 responses
11 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
34 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
28 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
48 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...